Blue iris video is not smooth

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know the model this guy is using for testing but if yours is consuming anywhere near that, its time to throw it in the trash..a modern haswell i7 will draw 30 watts at idle and probably under 60 at half load.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
right now there are 9 but there will be 19 at 3mp
if thats the case you should probably look for a different vms...57mp is way too much for BI to handle even on a modern I7...you can do it if you set the cameras to 1080p...otherwise you would need a really powerful server...
look at exacq, milestone...you will have to pay a per camera license fee...

castin

n3wb
Reaction score
i think 1080 would fine. the company is trying to find low $$ solution. do you think at 1080p work? can you recommend a i7 that would, ill update to the newer version in the monring. thanks for you help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i think 1080 would fine. the company is trying to find low $$ solution. do you think at 1080p work? can you recommend a i7 that would, ill update to the newer version in the monring. thanks for you help
If you keep the frame rate low, you should be able to get away with an i7-4790...you can get great deals at the dell business outlet on 4790 machines for under 500 when they have a sale which is once a month.
Another option is to use trendnets vms and android devices to display on the tv...if these are hikvision clone cameras then even hikvisions vms should work...

castin

n3wb
Reaction score
yes they trend nets , the issue was they incorperated 9 eclpise ip cameras that the trendet server pro software wouldnt pickup. thats how i started down the BI road