Blue Iris webserver stops being accessible after half a day or so

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. I did. And about the 12th time looking I seen that it was in the middle of an update. That is what gave me the idea.

Before those 12 times I had downloaded the latest version from BlueIris and installed manually. Wiped all settings, built from scratch.

I had tried everything.

Then unticked the auto update box aftert it once again failed to lose connectivity. Rebooted. Hasn't had any trouble since then.

Didn't mean to upset you, just want to post my solution to my problem incase someone else had the same problem.
You did not state that the server was down...in fact the TITLE of your post was
"Blue Iris webserver stops being accessible "
You should have titled it blue iris crashing during update if the actual server was down. It took you 12 times looking at the server to come to that conclusion? wow!
I just dont like bullshit posts.

Reaction score
Right . When I logged into the server I can see everything in the software fine. It still recorded, still did mqtt alerts... It all worked fine.

But at one point there was a modal window behind it that said updating files Step 6 of 8.

Blue Iris never crashed, which is what the strange part was. The only consistent symptom was not being able to connect with the app or web browser .

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Right . When I logged into the server I can see everything in the software fine. It still recorded, still did mqtt alerts... It all worked fine.

But at one point there was a modal window behind it that said updating files Step 6 of 8.

Blue Iris never crashed, which is what the strange part was. The only consistent symptom was not being able to connect with the app or web browser .
if you were running the latest version of BI as you stated in the op it would not be trying to update...

Reaction score
I don't understand the hostility, or maybe I am reading your replies wrong.

I wonder if the Blue Iris version on the website isn't the latest version. Like how some apps release binaries only on minor updates and allow the built in updated to do the incremental updates.

I did do a fresh install twice.

I cheated on the restore the second time as I used a regex backup to restore the cameras.

I don't know what to tell you, lol... Do you want my offsite backups to see my software update history? I see your flair is staff member which is why I am explaining and giving you the benefit of the doubt. But yeah..... Who knows... I agree that it doesn't make sense.

But I do troubleshoot software as part of my profession, and I know the value of changing only one thing at a time to get to the root cause... This was a legit one change scenario and it worked, baring possible Windows update in the background.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand the hostility, or maybe I am reading your replies wrong.

I wonder if the Blue Iris version on the website isn't the latest version. Like how some apps release binaries only on minor updates and allow the built in updated to do the incremental updates.

I did do a fresh install twice.

I cheated on the restore the second time as I used a regex backup to restore the cameras.

I don't know what to tell you, lol... Do you want my offsite backups to see my software update history? I see your flair is staff member which is why I am explaining and giving you the benefit of the doubt. But yeah..... Who knows... I agree that it doesn't make sense.

But I do troubleshoot software as part of my profession, and I know the value of changing only one thing at a time to get to the root cause... This was a legit one change scenario and it worked, baring possible Windows update in the background.
I dont need your benefit of doubt...but your posts dont add up...