Blue Iris with Dahua NVR

Reaction score
Is it possible to run Blue Iris in conjunction with a Dahua NVR? The gDmss android app is terrible so I'm looking for another solution without converting my PC into an NVR and using the NVR I have. If its possible and I could save some money, I would be grateful! Thanks

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe the Blue Isis server is a Windows-only software product, requiring a PC. You can get a good used PC on eBay for a couple hundred dollars.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to run Blue Iris in conjunction with a Dahua NVR? The gDmss android app is terrible so I'm looking for another solution without converting my PC into an NVR and using the NVR I have. If its possible and I could save some money, I would be grateful! Thanks
For most loads a 100 dollar pc will suffice. See wiki.

Reaction score
I have a PC that will run the program pretty easily but I still would have to buy a small POE switch and a WD purple HDD. I was just curious if I could run the program on my PC and use the phone app while my NVR did the recording.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a PC that will run the program pretty easily but I still would have to buy a small POE switch and a WD purple HDD. I was just curious if I could run the program on my PC and use the phone app while my NVR did the recording.
You want to dedicate a pc for blue iris. This prevents issues.
You can stream from the NVR to the PC however, blue iris would have no way to playback video that is recorded to the NVR. You would need to record to blue iris. Ultimately, you are way better off buying a poe switch and a 100 dollar pc. You can move the drive from the NVR to the pc or you can record to both the NVR and the pc for redundancy.