Blue Iris won't pan the cam.

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 identical Foscam cameras set up. The first camera goes through the presets and pans every 10 minutes to the next preset and uploads a picture through FTP to my web site. The second cam does everything but "Pan" through the presets. I tap the Preset setting in Blue Iris and it does nothing. I can't even move the camera with the arrows in Blue Iris. All the 2 camera setting seem to be identical but I must be missing something simple. If I go to the actual camera software link, the camera will Pan there. The Firmware version is identical on both cams.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 identical Foscam cameras set up. The first camera goes through the presets and pans every 10 minutes to the next preset and uploads a picture through FTP to my web site. The second cam does everything but "Pan" through the presets. I tap the Preset setting in Blue Iris and it does nothing. I can't even move the camera with the arrows in Blue Iris. All the 2 camera setting seem to be identical but I must be missing something simple. If I go to the actual camera software link, the camera will Pan there. The Firmware version is identical on both cams.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
are both cameras running the same firmware?
Check the credentials and make sure the user name you entered in the video tab has ptz controls.

critterles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Kind of Solved
I really didn't want to have to reset everything for the cam but at last resort I deleted the cam. After I added it back, everything seems to be working fin so far. Unknown glitch.
Just glad it's working again.