Blue Iris won't recognize Logitech Alert cams

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After setting up BI on a separate system my 2 Logitech Alert cameras no longer display. I can ping the IPs and I see the 2 cameras in Logitech's Commander on the same system. I input the exact settings and on one camera I reset (that is I unplugged for 10 sec) and no go. Both cameras are plugged into a POE. They are there ... I just can't see them on BI. I'm thinking a BI update possibly? I have ordered 2 camera to replace them but it's still a mystery.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I still have one and it works fine after recent updates. You do realize they need to have a reserved ip in your router or they may change addresses?

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can see the addresses now with Advanced IP Scanner and I can also load Logitech's software and see the cams and IP .... just not with BI. I don't think you can change the address in the Logitech's software. If so ... I have not found a way.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Correct there is no way to set a static ip on the Alert cams. But some routers allow you to set a reserved ip address so that they will always be assigned the same one by dhcp.
Otherwise the Alerts may get a different ip address every time they power cycle and BI will still have the old, incorrect one.

If you can see the IP addresses of the cams can you look and see if it matched the ones in BI?

EDIT see the IPs using your ip scanner app.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well that looks like the ip address is OK. Is User and password correct?

Looked at mine and only difference is "Skip initial HTTP DNS and reachability tests" is checked. Not sure what that is although I haven't read the help file on it yet.

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I checked the "Skip initial HTTP DNS and reachability tests" and no change. I checked my mobile app for both home (2 Logitech cameras) and church (5 Logitech cameras) and neither can log on remotely now. I went to Alert.Logitech.com site ..... and 404. However .... at church and onsite Blue Iris recognizes all 5 Alert Logitech cameras. Something not right here at home I think .... or .... at church the BI software never gets updated unless I go on site ... so maybe church has a BI earlier version.

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Blue Iris old works fine.jpg My home setup has Blue Iris 4.7.9.0 x64 and no Logitech cameras show. When I check our church which has Blue iris 4.7.8.0 x 64 and all 5 Logitech cameras are visible. So I found an old BI version on my system ... 4.0.2.3x64 and all is well. The last update broke my system so now I need to find a version earlier than 4.7.9.0x64 someplace.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 32872 My home setup has Blue Iris 4.7.9.0 x64 and no Logitech cameras show. When I check our church which has Blue iris 4.7.8.0 x 64 and all 5 Logitech cameras are visible. So I found an old BI version on my system ... 4.0.2.3x64 and all is well. The last update broke my system so now I need to find a version earlier than 4.7.9.0x64 someplace.
dont run a version that old...its 4 years old...there are links on this forum to slightly older versions

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am running 4.7.9.0 and no problem with Logitech Alert.

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks guys ..... found a list of old versions updates from 4.7.4.3 to 4.7.6.9. Did a new install (2015) and did the 4.3 update (oldest)... works fine. Ok .... went halfway up the list and did another update ... works fine. Then did the 6.9 update and the Logitech cameras drop out. So looks like I can reinstall and load a slightly older version update and have a working Blue Iris system. So I have found no answer as to why, but have found a work-around.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ..... found a list of old versions updates from 4.7.4.3 to 4.7.6.9. Did a new install (2015) and did the 4.3 update (oldest)... works fine. Ok .... went halfway up the list and did another update ... works fine. Then did the 6.9 update and the Logitech cameras drop out. So looks like I can reinstall and load a slightly older version update and have a working Blue Iris system. So I have found no answer as to why, but have found a work-around.
if you want to know why, email support and inform him of the issue

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman .... I'll do that. My thoughts were though, since I'm not paying for support (which is what I see in BI) I might not get an answer, but I think I've always gotten an answer before on the support email. Worth a try for sure.

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am running 4.7.9.0 and no problem with Logitech Alert.
I'm thinking now then if it works on yours, that I may have a Registry problem .. I can remember a couple of earlier times that an update would have at 8 files uploaded and hang. Rebooting and retrying would solve the problem though. Weird. I've emailed BI Support to see what they suggest.

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got a reply back from Ken at Blue Iris. He asked me to see if "hardware decoding" was on and if so uncheck it. I did ... and all is well. Amazing ... and I do appreciate all your responses. I don't know where I would go without this site ...

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same user and password as Alert app.

Terje123

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried the same setup as above, and my login mail adr and pw, but stil no picture. running fine on alert comander on same PC(win10)

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i finally upgraded my BI server and im having the same issue as you do. ive done all the troubleshooting you did save for downgrading BI version. do you have a link to the versions that worked for you? please? i may have an older version but may be way too old.

Got a reply back from Ken at Blue Iris. He asked me to see if "hardware decoding" was on and if so uncheck it. I did ... and all is well. Amazing ... and I do appreciate all your responses. I don't know where I would go without this site ...
i may have to check on this too!

thanks.