Blue Iris won't record new cam

Tpir

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just added a new Fiscal 9900 and for some reason it wont record contiously like my others do. It will record for 10sec and then stops.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks T

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just added a new Fiscal 9900 and for some reason it wont record contiously like my others do. It will record for 10sec and then stops.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks T
first return that junk foscam....
second, you didnt set it up correctly in blue iris...look at your record settings.

Tpir

n3wb
Reaction score
I changed the setting to match another camera and it worked. If I change the IP to the 9900 it stops :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I changed the setting to match another camera and it worked. If I change the IP to the 9900 it stops :(
how does it stop? blue iris stops recording or the camera feed stopped...also again, that camera is a rippoff and garbage.

Tpir

n3wb
Reaction score
When you change the IP it stops the camera and then starts it. Once that happens I can see the stream but the recording just stops. Besides the camera being garbage I don't have a way of retuning it so I need to learn to live with it and find a way to fix the issue unfortuntily.

Tpir

n3wb
Reaction score
To add to that I have tried everything, RTSP, different stream rates, dropping it down to 720p. Nothing I cannot get this one out of 8 cams to record.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To add to that I have tried everything, RTSP, different stream rates, dropping it down to 720p. Nothing I cannot get this one out of 8 cams to record.
Do you have 'Record' set to 'Continuous' or 'When triggered'? (How you want it to function).

Tpir

n3wb
Reaction score
I have it set to continuous? Also sorry I am assuming the guys are busy but what is the best way to get a hold of support? I emailed them almost 10 days ago but no response yet.

Thanks T

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have it set to continuous? Also sorry I am assuming the guys are busy but what is the best way to get a hold of support? I emailed them almost 10 days ago but no response yet.

Thanks T
Blue iris is run and supported by a single person..email from a standard account such as gmail...
try deleting the camera and adding it back in blue iris.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Question: On the 'Schedule' tab for the cam that won't record continuously as selected, is the box inside the red outline in the image below checked or unchecked?

cam_sched.jpg

Tpir

n3wb
Reaction score
I checked the camera does not have that checked. I also tried both changing a working camera and deleting/adding a new one and same thing.

Tpir

n3wb
Reaction score
So I changed it to Re-Encode from direct-to-disk and it works. The only issue with direct-to-disk is that I get artifacts hence why I am not doing it that way for any of the other 7 camera;s. Any idea's?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I changed it to Re-Encode from direct-to-disk and it works. The only issue with direct-to-disk is that I get artifacts hence why I am not doing it that way for any of the other 7 camera;s. Any idea's?
post an image of the cameras web interface video tab..

Tpir

n3wb
Reaction score
Sure here they are.
Settings1.jpg
Settings2.jpg
Settings3.jpg
Settings4.jpg
Settings5.jpg

In the below you will see how I was not recording. The small slices are the different settings I tried until I turned it to re-encode.
Recording.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reset the camera and use default ports...there is never a need to change ports...

Tpir

n3wb
Reaction score
Factory reset the Cam and just changes IP, User/Pass. Then I deleted the camera and re-added it with a new name. Only settings added was direct, IP:88 and find. Still not recording with direct only when re-encoding is on:(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Factory reset the Cam and just changes IP, User/Pass. Then I deleted the camera and re-added it with a new name. Only settings added was direct, IP:88 and find. Still not recording with direct only when re-encoding is on:(
you didnt follow instructions...you changed the http port...go back..reset the camera and DONT CHANGE ANY PORTS.

Tpir

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry the port on the Foscam default on the 9900 is port 88.