Blue Iris wont run as a service - password issue

Reaction score
Hi

I have built a new PC and installed Blue Iris on to it. Its a fresh PC with new OS, replacing an older one that had a perfectly working version of Blue Iris on it. I registered the software fine with the product key on installation, and went first of all to try to set up run with a service, and it asks me for log on details I use for my windows machine. When I enter these it says the user name or the password are incorrect. Well they're not or I wouldn't be logged in and installing would I? I tried then to import the previous settings, and it still gives me the same problem. I have pawed over forums for ages trying to establish what to do here to no avail. Im stuck. Any ideas? I am not a local account on their either, its a Microsoft account for 365. Does that matter ( it really shouldnt should it?)

Thanks to any input here...

Simon

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep it has been discussed here before. Also make sure user and password are correct.

Click the Windows windows key Start menu.

• Type Control Panel in the search box, then select Control Panel in the search results.

• In Control Panel, open User Accounts.

• Click on Manage User Accounts.

• All user accounts will be listed on the page. Each account is part of a group (Administrator, Standard, etc).

Or try this way:

Determining your Windows Username | Technical Support Services

See these threads as well...

Local Console Login?
Installed latest update and received Locale Console Login???? Not sure what that is... can't get in now.

run as a windows srvc / service login Problem

Blue Iris/Windows service problem

Wpndows 7 ult. i am trying to enable windows service for Blur Iris. getting windows login box.touble ii have noo password for windows. Help please,at wits end

Upgraded to 5.2.6.5 now prompting for user/pw?

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in with this. Set up a local administrator account and now can’t see that when I switch from a MS account. Windows. Awesome. I’ll get there….
Thanks to all who responded.