blue irs triggerd by PIR/motion detector?

tolnep

n3wb
Reaction score
i have been experimenting with alerts being triggered by motion. i get false alerts which apparently is fairly common. I would like to look into using a PIR instead. Its not clear how to do this.

I have one camera on the front door HIKVISION DS-2CD2132-I. Will be adding more cameras, at least one for each entrance.

How do you integrate PIR with Blue Iris/hikvsion cams? I found 'Trigger with DIO input bits' but have no idea how that works. Obviously i can connect network devices to the blue iris server but i have no idea how to integrate PIR with that server.

I did spend time googling for solutions and could find none.

thanks for any info.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The 2132 (standard version, there is a special IS version that is differe)does not have an alarm in input...therefore you cannot integrate a pir sensor..even if you could blue iris will most likely not be able to detect pir alarm trigger...altough it can from the indoor 2432 http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?734-PIR-event-in-Blue-Iris/page2
A more direct way to do this is to use a sealevel device with blue iris http://www.sealevel.com/store/8112-usb-to-4-optically-isolated-inputs-4-form-c-relay-outputs-digital-interface-adapter.html...
Another option is to setup cloned cameras for alerts only and set the threshold higher for alerts than for recording.....

tolnep

n3wb
Reaction score
The 2132 (standard version, there is a special IS version that is differe)does not have an alarm in input...therefore you cannot integrate a pir sensor..even if you could blue iris will most likely not be able to detect pir alarm trigger...altough it can from the indoor 2432 http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?734-PIR-event-in-Blue-Iris/page2
A more direct way to do this is to use a sealevel device with blue iris http://www.sealevel.com/store/8112-usb-to-4-optically-isolated-inputs-4-form-c-relay-outputs-digital-interface-adapter.html...
Another option is to setup cloned cameras for alerts only and set the threshold higher for alerts than for recording.....
i saw a reference to that device earlier and have no idea how you would use it integrated with a PIR and a computer running blue iris.

sounds like a product folks would be interested in. outside camera with built in PIR and/or PIR with POE and IP addressability.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i saw a reference to that device earlier and have no idea how you would use it integrated with a PIR and a computer running blue iris.

sounds like a product folks would be interested in. outside camera with built in PIR and/or PIR with POE and IP addressability.
Mobotix makes some cams with pir sensors but i dont think blue iris can take advantage..
The sealevel connects to the pc via usb and the pir sensor is connected to the sealevel..

lights_go

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I understand the concept of this connection but I am lost on how to implement it.
I posted on another thread the same question, but see now it may fit better here.
I have just purchased a SeaLevel 8206. I have the driver installed and I can see the device is reading input applied via a test rig I made, so it is working. I apply 12v to one of the inputs, and the software that if for the SeaLevel shows a green light on that input. All good there.
I can not figure out from the help file what setting to put in the "address" field in BI.
I go to Blue Iris Options -> Digital I/O -> Sealevel Systems and Check the box.
I have a USB device so I select that box
The Address defaults to "SeaDAC Lite 0". I am at a loss on what that address should read because when I go into the camera properties that I want to trigger, got to Trigger, Global DIO input bits, I set to 1 as the input into the I/O is in slot "0". I apply 12v and it will not trigger... I looked for the proper thread to ask this but couldn't find one.
I then tried setting the address to what the Location was called out in the device manager.
I seem to have it all triggering properly within the software for Sealevel. I just can't get Sealevel to talk to Blue Iris.
I am very excited to get this working :)Screenshot 2017-06-17 14.20.43.png Screenshot 2017-06-17 14.23.38.png Screenshot 2017-06-17 14.23.13.png
Thanks for your assistance.