BlueIris Auto Tracking

nutt318

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there any feature request or option that I've missed to have BlueIris auto track/smart track an object? I've got 3 cameras (NSC-4A320-PTZir 3MP IP Weatherproof IR Mini PTZ Dome Security Camera 4.7-94mm - Nelly's Security) that have the feature and do work good. However the options and customization for it are pretty limited.

Just looking for a better way to customize smart tracking as the camera lacks a few things. (Privacy mask stinks, object dectection is bad on shawdows, sometimes its actually tracking an object but BI doesnt thing there is motion because its tracking really steady, etc)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any feature request or option that I've missed to have BlueIris auto track/smart track an object? I've got 3 cameras (NSC-4A320-PTZir 3MP IP Weatherproof IR Mini PTZ Dome Security Camera 4.7-94mm - Nelly's Security) that have the feature and do work good. However the options and customization for it are pretty limited.

Just looking for a better way to customize smart tracking as the camera lacks a few things. (Privacy mask stinks, object dectection is bad on shawdows, sometimes its actually tracking an object but BI doesnt thing there is motion because its tracking really steady, etc)
no, software based auto tracking will never work well when using a single camera. It has to be in the camera. The inherent delay of the video and processing would make it useless. There are some commercial applications that use two cameras, an overview cam and a ptz to track...

nutt318

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ahh ok, so pretty much stuck with the builtin options within the camera. Thanks for the info.