Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you sure the shield is GREEN ?

Annotation 2020-08-26 112213.jpg

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I would try to change your values for New and Stored folders under "clips and archiving" The 100GB you have shown for new is not matching your clip storage status picture. Something may be corrupt, so change values and repair the database again and see if it shows correctly.

Reaction score
I would try to change your values for New and Stored folders under "clips and archiving" The 100GB you have shown for new is not matching your clip storage status picture. Something may be corrupt, so change values and repair the database again and see if it shows correctly.
I changed the values, repaired the database, and then restarted the server. The issue still persists.
There’s really no point moving clips around the same drive. So set stored to 0, allocate all the space you want to New and then set it to just Delete.
Done.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I changed the values, repaired the database, and then restarted the server. The issue still persists.

Done.
so did your status/clip storage picture reflect the new values correctly ? Btw... you running this as a service ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When you reinstalled the os, did you import BI settings or start from scratch?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you established if there's an issue with the disc? You say its just a standard spinning disc, does that mean it's not a surveillance drive? I'm not an experienced BI user so take my contribution with a grain of salt, but try altering the record destination away from that disc, and see if it records when triggered manually. If it does, run a diagnostic on the original disc to ensure it's not gone bad (if the above doesn't work, then don't forget to switch the recording destination back).

Just out of interest, how did you reinstall Windows (not that I think this is the issue). There's a pro way and a consumer way and the pro way is much much quicker, comes uptodate with all updates and generally has zero errors whilst the conusmer way, takes ages, has to be updated and is often part broken by the updates in my experience.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Enable to Blue iris log file and see what it says. Also can you see that the camera is triggered but it doesn’t record or you don’t see a trigger?

Reaction score
so did your status/clip storage picture reflect the new values correctly ? Btw... you running this as a service ?
It is running as a service, the storage picture does reflect the storage values correctly, but there is other data on that disk, the data reflected is not from BI.

Taking a wild shot in the dark, but try reverting to the 'last stable firmware' which is 5.3.1.6?
Yes, I upgraded to see if it would fix the issue.

When you reinstalled the os, did you import BI settings or start from scratch?
From scratch.

Have you established if there's an issue with the disc? You say its just a standard spinning disc, does that mean it's not a surveillance drive? I'm not an experienced BI user so take my contribution with a grain of salt, but try altering the record destination away from that disc, and see if it records when triggered manually. If it does, run a diagnostic on the original disc to ensure it's not gone bad (if the above doesn't work, then don't forget to switch the recording destination back).

Just out of interest, how did you reinstall Windows (not that I think this is the issue). There's a pro way and a consumer way and the pro way is much much quicker, comes uptodate with all updates and generally has zero errors whilst the conusmer way, takes ages, has to be updated and is often part broken by the updates in my experience.
The disk is an enterprise disk. It's a Seagate Exos. I reinstalled the OS from a USB by deleting the old OS partitions first, not a reset. I set BI to record to the C drive, and still nothing, so I don't think it's the disk.

Enable to Blue iris log file and see what it says. Also can you see that the camera is triggered but it doesn’t record or you don’t see a trigger?
The cameras do trigger. Logs were enabled, but are not generated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is not making any sense. Is there any other software installed on the pc aside from BI and clean windows?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you write anything to those folders? As a user vs admin account?

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to make sure that nothing is recording, maybe try to set a couple cameras to continuous record, then open Task Manager - Performance tab to see if anything is being written to the Disk D at all.

Reaction score
Can you write anything to those folders? As a user vs admin account?
Yes, permissions are set for everyone to be able to modify the folders and the internal contents of the folders.

Just to make sure that nothing is recording, maybe try to set a couple cameras to continuous record, then open Task Manager - Performance tab to see if anything is being written to the Disk D at all.
Nothing is being written to disk, both read and write show 0 KBps.