BlueIRIS need NAS recomendation

PCMedic

n3wb
Reaction score
So after hours of trying over several days could not get My 3TB Western Digital MyCloud to show as an option in BlueIris > Clips and Archiving > Folders . Seems this is a limitation of the WD MyCloud and can not be done. Currently have set to folder on my E drive, but would like to move to external NAS drive that can be tucked away (hidden).

So question is, can anyone recommend a NAS (without breaking the bank) that can be used with BlueIris for storing clips and archiving? Trying contacting support several days ago, but have never received a response.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have in the past used a USB drive connected to an ASUS router to store backup BI video.
There are a number of threads that talk about configuring a NAS with BI running as a Service. You will need to change the username and password that the BI service uses.
I know nothing about the WD cloud drive

PCMedic

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Username/Password for the service was not the issue in this case. From what I have seen from others with same issue it seems it is an issue with the WD MyCloud. If someone has found a way to get it to work I would love to hear how. The USB drive would not give the option to stash someplace. Someone breaks in, don't need them stealing the drive as well with the video on it.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no experience with it, but was looking up how to make Raspberry PI NAS' tonight, might be worth looking into.

I have a Synology NAS with the drive mapped that would work with BI but Synology tends to get expensive.

PCMedic

n3wb
Reaction score
#TonyR ... Thank you for the response.
Yes I am in Windows 10 and also aware of the SMBv1 deprecation issue. I am not having issue with Windows shares or drive mapping with the MyCloud and have 2 systems on the network that I use it to store backups for. Even though the MyCloud supports through SMBv3 BlueIris still fails to see the drive or it's shares as an option under Clips and Storage. As a long shot I even tried enabling SMBv1 in Win10 and still no joy (though I did not really expect it).

PCMedic

n3wb
Reaction score
I have no experience with it, but was looking up how to make Raspberry PI NAS' tonight, might be worth looking into.

I have a Synology NAS with the drive mapped that would work with BI but Synology tends to get expensive.
I agree for my use as a BlueIris drive Synolgy pricing is not where I prefer to get to. I was looking at THIS , but not sure I would not run into same issue having with the WD MyCloud.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.