Blueiris schedule and Reolink auto IR

jonrub11

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there anyone using day/night schedule that automatically changes when camera ir is turned on/off?

I realized that I need different sensivity for motion detection at days and nights and think I will create a script that polls status of ir from the cameras but maybe someone have a better solution already?

Thank you!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think Reolink allows control of the IR change, along with a whole lot of other things that are critical to good operation of a camera.

stev067

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had this setup on my Reolink. In the camera settings of Reolink program, I had the IR set to auto. And then in Blue Iris, I have a day profile and a night profile for this camera, that switches on a schedule. It didn't align perfectly with the camera changing IR on/off, but it was close enough.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
[mention]bp2008 [/mention] shared his thoughts on reolink in a post last month:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Compiled by mat200 -

The long and short of it is that Reolink and many other low end cameras, in their desperation to produce color or good looking B&W night video, plays so many games with bit rate, frame rate, iframe rate and exposure settings they become useless due to blur at night and won't work reliably with BI because BI depends on a frame/iframe ratio (key frame) of 1:1. Reolink drops frame and iframe rates so low that the ratio ends up at 1:.3 or even lower. This makes motion detection with BI unreliable at best. There are settings for these in Reolink, but their firmware ignores what gets set and does what it wants to produce their version of a "good" picture. You can see this, easily, if you look at the camera statistics on the BI console, under the "graph with the lightning bolt" icon.

Last edited:

jonrub11

n3wb
Reaction score
On topic, there is a http-api for ir at this link: . A script that polls the value should be doable and change BI-profile.

Off topic, I have been mailing with Reolink regarding keyframe interval and got a firmware that will be released soon where you can set keyframe interval. Seems to work nice with BI.

I also told Reolink support to read at this forum to get some feedback of their products.