BlueIris Setting Questions

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just setup the mini ptz with BlueIris using mostly default settings. PTZ and viewing the vid remotely is working fine, however, I noticed that when I changed the camera's password, BI is still picking up the video feed when I haven't updated the password in BI. I confirmed the password was updated by logging out and back into the camera. I had to use the new password. Why/how is BI still able to pickup the video stream from the camera?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
BI is already connected and authenticated. Changing the password doesn't log out existing connections. Shut down BI and log back in and I bet you'll need to update the password in BI. I've seen this behaviour before and it wasn't with a Huisun.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I'll try when i get back home. I have a couple crappy foscams that required the new pwd in BI when i changed them.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No luck. It still picks up the video feed. With the wrong password, PTZ won't work, but the video still shows.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting the camera? I think it's still weird but that's what I'd try next

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes and after making the change, it looks like it reboots anyways. I did try it manually. No dice. It even shows the wrong password in the field...

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As long as there's nothing in the setup of the cam that allows authentication to be bypassed on the LAN (doubt there even is such a thing on a camera), I'd say it's worth an email to support of the manufacturer of the cam and see what they say. Could be a bug.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's the sellers response:

please use HIKVISION agreement support ptz countro

Any idea?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont rely on the cameras firmware for security - you will get burned....dont expose the camera to the internet and simply leave the default password.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right, the only port open is for Blueiris. I guess I'm the only one with this issue. Still find it odd and annoying :)

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
klasipca figured it out...

For reference in case someone else searches for the same issue, need to set RTSP authentication in the camera's setting to Basic.