BlueIris shows wrong time for two of my Hikvision

jdomke1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have BlueIris running with 6 IP cams. Three are Hikvision and other three Foscam with one Samsung SmartCam. For whatever reason, the OSD for two of my Hikvision's is showing the wrong time. This time is coming from BlueIris not Hikvision. I've checked the cams and their time is correct. The only way I've seen to fix this is to edit the camera in BI, go to the OSD overlay screen and delete the Date/Time and then re-add it. Once you add again, it shows correctly. I just fixed these two cams last week and now I notice once again they are off. The one is off by 2 hrs and 15 mins, the other is off by 30 mins. My other Hikvision seems ok but it was one of the ones I fixed last week too. The cams I have that are giving me trouble, not that I think this is a cam issue, I think it has to do with BI, are: DS-2CD2432F-IW and DS-2CD2012-I

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have BlueIris running with 6 IP cams. Three are Hikvision and other three Foscam with one Samsung SmartCam. For whatever reason, the OSD for two of my Hikvision's is showing the wrong time. This time is coming from BlueIris not Hikvision. I've checked the cams and their time is correct. The only way I've seen to fix this is to edit the camera in BI, go to the OSD overlay screen and delete the Date/Time and then re-add it. Once you add again, it shows correctly. I just fixed these two cams last week and now I notice once again they are off. The one is off by 2 hrs and 15 mins, the other is off by 30 mins. My other Hikvision seems ok but it was one of the ones I fixed last week too. The cams I have that are giving me trouble, not that I think this is a cam issue, I think it has to do with BI, are: DS-2CD2432F-IW and DS-2CD2012-I
There is a thread on this issue..its a bug..report it to support. There was a new update pushed that may have resolved it but the website is down now (its actually displaying the old website, not sure whats going on)..

jdomke1

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the new update is what caused it. I just did an update since before these issues started up. I just checked and no current updates available. Running 4.0.9.14 x64. How do I report it to support? I thought this was where we reported things to them.

warhead

n3wb
Reaction score
I think this problem may be related to my problem over here where the camera saves recordings with incorrect time stamps

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

warhead

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried the new update, hasn't fixed my problem with incorrect times. Will contact the dev about this

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ken emailed me this morning and suggested I try today's update (4.1.0.2). Seems like he's actively trying to squish this bug. I've applied it, and have not had a slow down on any camera time yet. If, by this time tomorrow, they're all in sync, I'd say he quashed it good.

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got the same problem, two of my cameras are several minutes off.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was have the same problem with three of my hik's . i just updated all time stamp are correct.

My camera's were off hours and each one was a different time..

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
with the latest update mine are only off now by a few mins.

billrp

n3wb
Reaction score
Was there ever a fix for this? The OSD time for some cameras slows down, exactly as described above, and I've tried the above fixes. I have version 4.3.9.6 x64 and this problem seems to have started in the past month or so. Thanks.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes, and it was something that Ken (the developer) had to fix in a subsequent update. If the clocks that are wrong are those overlayed by BI, I would suggest you send him an email to let him know of your problems. Maybe whatever bug he squished back then, came back...

ItechashardasIcanbro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not the camera itself sharing the wrong time zone?

I maybe late to the party, but I came naked...