Blueiris using almost 100% cpu and 25gb of ram

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No re-adding the camera by importing a reg file will likely bring the problem back. It is best to re-add by scratch.

I take screenshots of all the settings or download the demo on another computer and import the file there and then set the two side-by-side to re-create it.

johannp02180

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It seemed like every camera was causing high RAM usage so I deleted and manually re-added each camera, manually setting them up. It seemed that RAM usage was down for a day but it has increased back to ~90% usage.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Check what BI build you're on as this sounds like a memory leak. Some earlier builds suffered leaks.

The solution is to update to a non leaky build if this is the case.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm on 5.7.9.6 without issue. I'm not aware of any memory leaks on such a recent version. 2 options: 1. would be to downgrade to ...9.6. However, this might not remove everything that's been installed previously. Option 2 would be to upgrade to the latest version, ...9.9. With any upgrade though you cannot guarantee you're not introducing more bugs. Could be worth checking the BI forums just to make sure that ...9.9 appears stable before risking a change that could introduce another factor if it isn't a memory leak.

johannp02180

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I deleted my DB and also had some issues with CP.AI so I made sure to update it and install the recommended CUDA versions, etc. Everything seems to be smooth now. Thank you everyone for the help! I think readding all the cameras from scatch fixed everything.

johannp02180

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dang, it worked fine for a while, and the issue suddenly came back. I'm not even sure why.

johannp02180

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When this happens, only some of the cameras are live, while others are stuck from like hours ago

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have BI set to repair the database? It corrupts after a while and should be repaired regularly. I do mine every night. Most do it once a week. It can be automated in the settings.

johannp02180

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have BI set to repair the database? It corrupts after a while and should be repaired regularly. I do mine every night. Most do it once a week. It can be automated in the settings.
Let me check – is that the same as compact/reindex? Here is what I see

Attachments