BlueIris Versions and Support Expiration

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A while back I had a prompt to update BlueIris, so I just clicked OK, and then the update broke BI because it went to a version beyond my support expiration date. Wish there was some intelligence built in that prevents unlicensed versions from being applied, as it seems like a shady practice to drive people to update their subscription.

My question is (so I don't break it again), can I update all the way to the latest build release date that falls within my support date?

Mine expired 9/21/2021 at almost midnight, and I see v5.5.0.14 was released on that date. I'm good to update to this version, right?

Another quick question, where is the changelog maintained? A new version comes out every other day, which is the fastest dev cycle I've ever seen on a product. I'd like to keep an eye on changes to see when the next "must have" feature or fix is added.

Using this link to browse the version archive
Blue Iris Updates (64 bit) - History

blueiris.jpg

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, you can safely roll back to the last version that came out prior to the end of your support.

There are two threads here on IPCT that show BI updates as they come out and have a note of what changes have been made. Sometimes the wording is a little vague, but it's better than nothing.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you sir! Easy update to 5.5.0.14 and all is functioning. I'll bookmark that link to keep an eye on the changelog.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A while back I had a prompt to update BlueIris, so I just clicked OK, and then the update broke BI because it went to a version beyond my support expiration date. Wish there was some intelligence built in that prevents unlicensed versions from being applied, as it seems like a shady practice to drive people to update their subscription.

My question is (so I don't break it again), can I update all the way to the latest build release date that falls within my support date?

Mine expired 9/21/2021 at almost midnight, and I see v5.5.0.14 was released on that date. I'm good to update to this version, right?

Another quick question, where is the changelog maintained? A new version comes out every other day, which is the fastest dev cycle I've ever seen on a product. I'd like to keep an eye on changes to see when the next "must have" feature or fix is added.

Using this link to browse the version archive
Blue Iris Updates (64 bit) - History

View attachment 122494
This has been resolved. You can no longer update past your support expiration it has been that way for a while. If he wanted to force you to update he could simply have prevented you from reverting back or forced support to keep using bi. If you dont like the "shady" practices you can move to the other 200 vms options out there. Let us know how that goes.