BlueIris & Youtube Live Stream

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyone ever get this to work?

nickmbrock

n3wb
Reaction score
If anyone knows how to manage to get this to work, I would love to know. It doesn't have to be youtube just any way to get live feed embedded into a website through either Blue Iris or from the IP Cam software itself.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
where do you see that ability?
The "ability" is there to use BI to push the stream to something like Ustream (I have it working) using FME. However, I talked with the developer and he said it will not work with Youtube "yet". So it will probably be added in future releases/updates.

nickmbrock

n3wb
Reaction score
The "ability" is there to use BI to push the stream to something like Ustream (I have it working) using FME. However, I talked with the developer and he said it will not work with Youtube "yet". So it will probably be added in future releases/updates.
Thanks for the info, do you by chance have or know of a guide to do the BI bush using FME? I'm new to the software and don't even have it yet, just trying to get information ready for an install.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I don't know of any guide other than the help file in BI. But if you select the camera you want to use, goto it's Properties by right clicking on it, then it opens up the camera properties box. Click on the "Webcast" tab and at the bottom of that tab, there is a section called "Flash Media Live Encoding" with a check box. If you check that box to enable it, then you need to enter the properties of where BI should push the stream to. For example, Ustream, which will provide the RTMP URL and Stream Key from your Ustream account.

nickmbrock

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know of any guide other than the help file in BI. But if you select the camera you want to use, goto it's Properties by right clicking on it, then it opens up the camera properties box. Click on the "Webcast" tab and at the bottom of that tab, there is a section called "Flash Media Live Encoding" with a check box. If you check that box to enable it, then you need to enter the properties of where BI should push the stream to. For example, Ustream, which will provide the RTMP URL and Stream Key from your Ustream account.
okay and just to be sure with this I would be able to embed the video in a public site where anyone would be able to see the stream right?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
okay and just to be sure with this I would be able to embed the video in a public site where anyone would be able to see the stream right?
Yes, however, if you opt not to pay for one of their packages, there will be ads before and during the stream.

nickmbrock

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, however, if you opt not to pay for one of their packages, there will be ads before and during the stream.
awesome you rock man, I've posted this question here and another forum and haven't gotten replies yet, thanks for the help.

Caspy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i would like to know this also.. how to embed a live streem into my site but using an iframe or some other way other than thre a 3rd party streeming site any ideas ?

grigione

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
i would like to know this also.. how to embed a live streem into my site but using an iframe or some other way other than thre a 3rd party streeming site any ideas ?
Ustream give you a custom url to embed in your site for example:
<iframe src="http://www.ustream.tv/embed/123456?html5ui"</iframe>
Also i'm waiting Youtube support in next releases of BlueIris

Reaction score
Anybody get this to work yet with YouTube? I have tried several times with YouTube. The first time a few frames came through then it stopped. Now I get a "Starting Stream Health (green)" but then it goes gray again. Have a suspicion my firewall or antivirus might be blocking BI but they don't show anything in their logs. Was using BI 4.1.0.3 but now 4.5.1.0. Camera Properties says "Flash Push: connected." BI log says "FME: connection established"

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
No dice for me, I get the same thing. It connects in BI, but on the youtube side, a couple seconds of healthy stream status and then it disconnects on that end.

Reaction score
YOU MUST ENABLE AUDIO TO STREAM TO YOUTUBE. This issue gave me fits. My wife and put a camera in a birdhouse and I wanted to live stream it to YouTube. I tried for a week to make it work. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. This thread is the top hit on Google, but it didn't answer the question. Finally I found a comment on some other website where someone said YouTube streaming didn't work unless audio was enabled. So I went to the camera properties, enabled audio (even though the camera I'm using doesn't do audio), and a few seconds later the camera was streaming on YouTube.

Sooo... YOU MUST ENABLE AUDIO TO STREAM TO YOUTUBE. Even if the camera doesn't support audio.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm still having trouble setting up the BI remote access so i can watch it on the net and app, does anyone know of a good DIY straight to the point?

TidalWaveOne

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can't get YouTube live streaming to work either. The stream status turns green on YouTube but only shortly. I have "Enable audio channel" checked in the camera's properties (with IP camera stream).

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone notice major issues with the BI app?