blueirissoftware.com website down (2023.07.07)

kawodessa

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks all for confirming. Figures the site went down soon after I pulled the trigger on the purchase. So close but so far!!!!

rt8169

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought it was up! But it's the default windows server welcome landing page. I expect it's not going to work for a while still :(

mdp716

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah - and I picked today to move the server VM to a new box and needing to re-activate. Got so frustrated that I even bought a new license that I don't need thinking that may be a shortcut to a solution - well it was certainly a shortcut to being $63.00 poorer.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
As rt8169 pointed out 8.5 hours ago, the web page is the default for a Windows web server. Still that way as of right now. That is the first clue:

1688790262280.png

Second clue, the blueirissoftware.com domain is still pointing at a server that delivers a valid certificate issued months ago:

1688790455224.png

I work with Windows web servers professionally, but I don't know anything about Blue Iris's web hosting situation so I can only speculate about what is going on. It seems like the most likely situation is something got misconfigured. One possibility is that blueirissoftware.com points at a load balancer that does TLS offloading (hence the correct certificate being delivered), but the load balancer is proxying to the wrong web server for some reason. Too many possible reasons to list here (hardware failure, network configuration messed up, etc). Another possibility is that all the correct servers are still being reached, but the website within IIS (Windows web server) was reconfigured for some reason to point at the wrong path. I'm sure it will be back within ... a few days. Normally I would say a few hours, but its already been quite a while.

Last edited:

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And now this is affecting licensing. My license should expire in April 2024 and all my cameras now have the Blue Iris Evaluation Version watermark.
I've had the same issue, I renewed 28/03/23 - woke up this morning to find I'd dropped back into eval mode, thankfully readding my renewal key from March has sort it out.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thankfully readding my renewal key from March has sort it out.
That didn’t work so I restored from a backup and that only works for a few minutes then it goes back into evaluation mode.

burkm

n3wb
Reaction score
Pretty bad. I imported the reg-backup, because i thought my system crashed somehow, wich has been set automatically by BlueIris 5, but now everything seems to be gone. Just a single line tells me, thar my "demo-"license had expired and i have to buy a license because the demo wont be back on...
Unfortrunately, that current reg-backup seems to have gone after that, because i don't find it now.

panhead

n3wb
Reaction score
Pretty bad. I imported the reg-backup, because i thought my system crashed somehow, wich has been set automatically by BlueIris 5, but now everything seems to be gone. Just a single line tells me, thar my "demo-"license had expired and i have to buy a license because the demo wont be back on...
Unfortrunately, that current reg-backup seems to have gone after that, because i don't find it now.
I was about to do the same, but decided to come here first and see if anyone else had any issues. Guess I will just leave as is until the site is online. It would have been nice to know that BI was going to say demo mode for a while.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Simply re-applying my most recent renewal key has sorted out my BI demo mode, I didn't need to restore from backup or anything else, did mine this morning ~6 hours ago, and it's still ok now.

View attachment 167281
Ah just noticed something odd, my new expiry date is a year from today (my real date should be March 28th 2024)