Blurry artifacts on moving objects

gilkman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys I am getting blurry recordings on objects that are in motion. See the screenshot I attached as an example of a slow moving car that is all blurred out.

does anyone know what could be causing this?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am getting blurry recordings on objects that are in motion. See the screenshot I attached as an example of a slow moving car that is all blurred out.

does anyone know what could be causing this?
Your issue is ghosting...
This happens sometimes when using direct to disc recording. Here are some things to try.
1) In the camera-match i-frames to fps
2) In blue iris increase the receive buffer to 20mb...video tab>configure
What version of blue iris are you running?

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the exact above issue but I suspect that BI settings have changed a bit since 2015 as I can't find the options suggested by fenderman.

What I did:
1)Disabled HW Acceleration in BI>Settings>Cameras
2)Matched ''Frame Rate'' and ''Frame Interval'' in my Amcrest cameras web server (set to 11 frames in both options)

The thing is I can't find the menu where I could increase buffer.

Any suggestions welcome.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the exact above issue but I suspect that BI settings have changed a bit since 2015 as I can't find the options suggested by fenderman.

What I did:
1)Disabled HW Acceleration in BI>Settings>Cameras
2)Matched ''Frame Rate'' and ''Frame Interval'' in my Amcrest cameras web server (set to 11 frames in both options)

The thing is I can't find the menu where I could increase buffer.

Any suggestions welcome.
receive buffer is in video>configuration

Reactions: gtj

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
receive buffer is in video>configuration
Many thanks. I set it to 20 as you suggest. It was 6.
I have now checked HW again to see if it makes any difference.

As for i-frames, is it the same with frame intervals? I can only find the second within my Amcrest menu.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Many thanks. I set it to 20 as you suggest. It was 6.
I have now checked HW again to see if it makes any difference.

As for i-frames, is it the same with frame intervals? I can only find the second within my Amcrest menu.
yes

Reactions: gtj

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was Just going to post about this concern. It is only happening to me on two of my Dahua camera , all my hiks are ok, It does this viewing remotely with BI app and on play back using the pc the clips are stored in.

Side note would this Effect recording playback ? As its not working properly freezes

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was Just going to post about this concern. It is only happening to me on two of my Dahua camera , all my hiks are ok, It does this viewing remotely with BI app and on play back using the pc the clips are stored in.

Side note would this Effect recording playback ? As its not working properly freezes
follow suggestions in the threads that discuss the pixelation/ghosting

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I did , doing some testing to see if it's fixed! Was just curious if that causes playback issues other than ghosting as in system not playing back or freezing

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I did , doing some testing to see if it's fixed! Was just curious if that causes playback issues other than ghosting as in system not playing back or freezing
no idea...easy enough to test if it resolves your problem.

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I haven't got to fix ''ghosting'' in my recordings under direct-to-disc mode no matter what I've tried so far.

I matched frame intervals with actual frames in my cameras, lowered output framerate in general, increased received buffer for every single camera in BI, unchecked (and re-checked) HW acceleration option, played with various resolutions my cameras outputting, even tried different type of destination drives to do the recording (USB 2.0 HDD, USB 3.0 HDD, SSD (both main system's one and a secondary SATA) as well as a USB thumb drive) to no avail.

I also deactivated Noise Reduction in the configuration of my IP cameras, although the problem has obviously nothing to do with the cameras themselves and their stream quality, rather than with the recordings in BI.

Now that I've opted to ''re-encode'' the videos being recorded, the problem seems to have gone away. However, CPU usage is much higher now..