Blurry Hikvision can't see anything!

Reaction score
Hate this company now after they came highly recommended by everyone. Using Blue Iris for software

Bought HIKVISION DS-2CD2732F-IS Dome Cameras

Off the Ali Express site, they are amazing during the day, night forget it! Better off with cheap 30 dollar eBay cameras. What am I doing wrong here? And what cameras can I buy to avoid this issue in the future?

Driveway.20161022_144539.jpgDriveway.20161020_032839_1.jpgCam2.20161022_144716.jpgCam2.20161019_180919_1.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hate this company now after they came highly recommended by everyone.

Bought HIKVISION DS-2CD2732F-IS

Off the Ali Express site, they are amazing during the day, night forget it! Better off with cheap 30 dollar eBay cameras. What am I doing wrong here? And what cameras can I buy to avoid this issue in the future?

View attachment 14197View attachment 14196View attachment 14199View attachment 14198
Welcome to the forum...this is a result of improper installation...you are suffering from IR reflection..one of the reasons to stay away from dome cameras....look at turrets.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/1177-Hikvision-Foggy-as-***?p=10194&viewfull=1#post10194

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...this is a result of improper installation...you are suffering from IR reflection..one of the reasons to stay away from dome cameras....look at turrets.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/1177-Hikvision-Foggy-as-***?p=10194&viewfull=1#post10194
Holy fast response! Thank you! Yes they are side mounted if you can tell by the pictures. Both are side mounted on the building and the rain, etc falls right on them. Is their anything I can do at this point or just replace them and move them inside a building.

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The IR is being reflected back by dry water spots. Take a slightly damp microfiber cloth and wipe the dome clean.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
clean them carefully and try to put a lid over them, move them to somewhere which has cover over the top or just replace them with a turret cam but side mounting might again give issues with water on the lens

you may need a bracket to hang the cams from the wall, that way you could keep your existing cams and hopefully your domes will stay cleaner
[h=1]Hikvision DS-1273ZJ-135 Wall Mount Dome IP Camera Bracket[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
clean them carefully and try to put a lid over them, move them to somewhere which has cover over the top or just replace them with a turret cam but side mounting might again give issues with water on the lens

you may need a bracket to hang the cams from the wall, that way you could keep your existing cams and hopefully your domes will stay cleaner
Hikvision DS-1273ZJ-135 Wall Mount Dome IP Camera Bracket
Excellent thank you! Might give these a shot

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Excellent thank you! Might give these a shot
Unless you can get these mounted under an eave this will be a never ending battle. If you can flush mount them under the eave you will most likely be okay. The wall mount will help some but it won't correct the issue as a good sideways rain will put you right back in the same boat. As fender said you might want to go ahead and start looking at Turrets to combat this.

Reaction score
Unless you can get these mounted under an eave this will be a never ending battle. If you can flush mount them under the eave you will most likely be okay. The wall mount will help some but it won't correct the issue as a good sideways rain will put you right back in the same boat. As fender said you might want to go ahead and start looking at Turrets to combat this.
Whydoesthespacebarnotworkonthisforum?

Why does the space bar not work on this forum for the first line?

And I bought 2 turrent cameras to replace the dome's going to move them inside the house or something.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Whydoesthespacebarnotworkonthisforum?

Why does the space bar not work on this forum for the first line?

And I bought 2 turrent cameras to replace the dome's going to move them inside the house or something.
I used to notice that issue in one browser, changed to firefox I believe it was and haven't had an issue since.

afhuss01

n3wb
Reaction score
Holy fast response! Thank you! Yes they are side mounted if you can tell by the pictures. Both are side mounted on the building and the rain, etc falls right on them. Is their anything I can do at this point or just replace them and move them inside a building.
You can almost certainly buy wall mount brackets for those domes...probably cost around $11-16 a price. I generally use domes inside in places where tamper resistance is important, and stick with turrets or bullets outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk