Boavision to BI issue ((HELP))

boonedocks

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Boavision PTZ wirless IP camera that I cannot get to link to BI or is not getting the signal. I can receive camera through the CamHIPro app. Have tried to connect camera with ethernet cable but still cannot access. I'm 56yrs so not a fluent user of computer. I'm getting an error message on BI Camera screen 8000007a (check port/user/password) 0. I have a Imporx camera already installed, and has been working well. I feel I'm just missing something,,,,, TIA for any assistance that you can give!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not knowing the model, the quick search I did showed nothing about it being ONVIF compatible, but I see in the reviews that some people have gotten it to work. What port are you using in the Cam's setup?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
According to Amazon Q/A it does support ONVIF., and will work with BI.
Did you scan a QR code to get it to work with the cameras APP, if so it may be in P2P mode, read following post on that error. The app may have changed the password on the camera.

boonedocks

n3wb
Reaction score
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE,,,, MODEL : HD22M102M
Thanks for the response,, ,It was the password!!!! I do have connection with BI hard wired,,, but will not connect wirelessly,, No Signal Error: 8ooo274c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0, what should I look towards not ???

boonedocks

n3wb
Reaction score
According to Amazon Q/A it does support ONVIF., and will work with BI.
Did you scan a QR code to get it to work with the cameras APP, if so it may be in P2P mode, read following post on that error. The app may have changed the password on the camera.

Thanks for the response,, ,It was the password!!!! I do have connection with BI hard wired,,, but will not connect wirelessly,, No Signal Error: 8ooo274c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0, what should I look towards not ???

boonedocks

n3wb
Reaction score
In many instances, the IP address hardwired is different than the IP address of wifi, so I would look there first.
You were correct,, it was different, but unfortunately that didn't help,, still same error message.

DG99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you put in the correct user name and password in BI, then try the inspect find. Can you login into the camera at the IP address?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Once you can see the camera in BI when wired, then using the cam's IP address log into the cam's embedded webGUI with Internet Explorer, allow the plug-in to install and open the webGUI.
Go to something like settings, network, wireless and tell it scan/survey/look for the SSID of the wireless AP that you want it to connect to.
Tell it to connect to that SSID, it'll ask for that wireless AP's password, put that in and say OK or Save.
When it says it's connected to that wireless, disconnect the Ethernet cable, open a browser but this time put in the IP of the wireless NIC in the cam, not the IP of the wired NIC.
If that brings up the cam's embedded webGUI then put that IP (of the wireless NIC) into BI and click on OK.

dsc7050

n3wb
Reaction score
for the Boavision camera on BI ( (on the software go to ADD Onvif IP Camera, 1. Input camera IP Address, and username: admin and correct password 2. Make-Generic, 3. Discover/Onvif Port: 8080, 4. Click Find/Inspect. 5. Click OK.

boonedocks

n3wb
Reaction score
I do have connection with BI hard wired,,, but will not connect wirelessly,, No Signal Error: 8ooo274c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0,,,, I tried dsc7050's advise but did not discover cam. tried Tony R. path , got into IP cam access with PZT controls and settings but could never get camera view to display