Bosch Dinion Starlight 8000 MP Review

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@networkcameracritic just posted a really nice review of this box camera. It is very expensive at around 1400 with the lens...but as you can see, the images, particularly in low light, are superb..Hopefully the technology will trickle down to the cheaper cameras over the next few years..
http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=2445

Last edited by a moderator:

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great review, thanks for posting.

What I'm more interested in seeing trickle down to the cheaper cameras is the accurate motion detection he referred to. As great as my Hikvisions are, the motion detection that is set off by every moth flying by is completely unsatisfactory. While I'd rather not do either, IR illuminators and/or white lights to help with low light issues are much easier and cheaper to implement than PIR setups to deal with motion falses.

Let's hope that we see both in the coming years.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you record these? Bosch specific nvr?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe he said that it works with milestone...it also has an internal sd card slot...

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recorded to a 64gb microSD card and worked well. I did set it up with Milestone and the video was not as smooth as I would like, but did not spend time trying to troubleshoot it since I had the camera only on loan from Bosch. I don't think anyone has a camera like this with 30fps on 5MP and low light that is better than most 1MP low light cameras. Hikvision has it's Darkfighter at 1080P, but is almost as expensive considering it's 2MP vs 5MP. For this to trickle down to something like the ds-2cd2032-i camera make take years. In the meantime you can use illuminators at night to supplement the built-in illuminators and that's more cost effective for now.