Bosch Launches free camera OS with the ability to add AI.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
This is awesome, I've been wondering when someone was going to do this. We have so many different open source options for routers (DD-WRT, etc.), linux, Android, etc. but are so locked down to the manufacturers shitty firmware.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm all in favor of an open, modifiable and extendable camera OS, but I fear that adoption will be poor because companies like Hikvision and Dahua have invested a lot of resources into their firmware and won't want to give up control like that.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm all in favor of an open, modifiable and extendable camera OS, but I fear that adoption will be poor because companies like Hikvision and Dahua have invested a lot of resources into their firmware and won't want to give up control like that.
Yes I agree. It will be a cat / mouse game like the old apple / jailbreak bs. (I'm an Android guy).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a good point. However, Pelco, hanwa, vivotek and milestone are partners. The OS will lower entry barriers to the market and hopefully allow folks who innovate on the hardware side a foothold.

Last edited: