Bought 4 Dahuas, One not connecting, Any Help Appreciated

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ordered 4 from Andy (yay fast shipping). Installed 2 one is fine the other has error
conif.loginerror

Any help I would greatly appreciate it.

Reaction score
Ordered 4 from Andy (yay fast shipping). Installed 2 one is fine the other has error
conif.loginerror

Any help I would greatly appreciate it.
Really not enough info. Is your Network subnet 10.1.1.X ? If not, default IP for Dahua is 192.168.1.108. It's always best to bench test cameras before doing an actual install. Sometime Andy ships cameras, that are not at the factory defaults, and this usually requires hitting the reset button inside the camera.

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Really not enough info. Is your Network subnet 10.1.1.X ? If not, default IP for Dahua is 192.168.1.108. It's always best to bench test cameras before doing an actual install. Sometime Andy ships cameras, that are not at the factory defaults, and this usually requires hitting the reset button inside the camera.
OK I'm a newb and can't install them myself. Had to have someone install them for me (disabled) and don't understand a lot of this. I will try changing the ip address. Yes 10.1.1.66 is the present one with the error.

Reaction score
OK I'm a newb and can't install them myself. Had to have someone install them for me (disabled) and don't understand a lot of this. I will try changing the ip address. Yes 10.1.1.66 is the present one with the error.
Yikes. I would not change anything, until I asked the original installer to document some of the things that were done. Make them aware of what your problem is with the login/connectivity issue. Find out what can be done to alleviate the problem. It could be something as simple as wrong login or password. Like I stated before, not really enough info to diagnose what your setup is like. By the IP address, it sounds like you have an NVR with internal ports supplying the IP addresses to the cameras. Is this correct?

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yikes. I would not change anything, until I asked the original installer to document some of the things that were done. Make them aware of what your problem is with the login/connectivity issue. Find out what can be done to alleviate the problem. It could be something as simple as wrong login or password. Like I stated before, not really enough info to diagnose what your setup is like. By the IP address, it sounds like you have an NVR with internal ports supplying the IP addresses to the cameras. Is this correct?
Though that would be ideal, because I didn't buy their system (LTS) he will not "service" the system, which I sort of understand. He said he tried everything he knew and advised me to call Dahua (which we know that isn't happening)

From research it is looking like possibly an IP setting or login password. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Yollie, help us help you.
1. Do you have this connected to a NVR or just a POE switch?
1a. If so, is it a Dahua? Exact Model #

Followup questions after you answer the above questions?

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is direct connected to NVR no POE switch.

It has to be a setting because now I know both of the 2.8 Dahua IPC-HDW4231em-as are doing it.

I do have 2 questions, when I do a hard reset can it be plugged into ethernet cable or do I need to plug into ac adapter and when I go into the camera to change password etc I do a direct connect with my computer, correct? I don't want to mess anything up already and I am sorry for being so stupid about these things. I can cook a mean red velvet cake and chicken and dumpling.

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Yollie, is it a Dahua NVR?

You can do a hard reset with either the 12V or the network cable for power.

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Because you aren't answering, I'll just assume this is a Dahua NVR. When you plug in the camera to the newer firmware NVR, the camera will take the username and password that you setup in the NVR until you change it. Plug in one camera at a time and set it up directly through the NVR. Don't worry about the web interface, just get it setup through the NVR. Once you have changed the password in the camera, you can then access the web interface via the NVR web interface @ whatever IP the NVR has taken from your current router (if you have the NVR plugged into your router)

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im sorry I thought I answered. It's a lorex nvr and dahua camera IPC-HDW4231em-as (2.8). Yes it's plugged into NVR. I have the Lorex cameras working and the one Dahua IPC-HDW4231em-as (4.0).

I am going to try everything. I did already reset the password through the NVR interface but that didn't make any difference.

I am going to try this Help Needed - Login Error on NVR W/ 5231 today unless someone has another idea to try this sounds like the same issue. I'm hoping I have a 12v adapter as I don't know if plugging into ethernet plugged into NVR is a good thing while doing a hard reset.

I have been researching as much as possible and trying to learn on my own but it's pretty confusing, I don't mind trying though.

Last edited:

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok here is what I've done. Took cam apart and connected to Ethernet cable attached to nvr while holding down the reset button see below. Then removed from nvr and attached to computer via ethernet cable. My computer showed nothing I went to dahua config trying to change the password but this is all it shows and I cant use any of the tools on the interface options.

I then went to nvr and tried to sign on and nvr pw had been changed. After one hour on the phone with lorex to get pw fixed I go back to add a cam and cannot add it. See below. You can see the cam but the status is red. I still believe I need to change the pw for the cam but im stumped. There are 3 cams attached to this nvr. one is lorex, two are dahua same model but different lens size. One works the other doesn't. 2018-02-12 11.26.48.jpg 2018-02-12 11.33.36.jpg