Bought camera and can't get support because it's not from authorized dealer.

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First off, I'm brand new to this and just got my first IP cam and I'm trying to set it up.

It's a Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IS. I bought it off Amazon and it said it was from Hikvision but shipping label says it's Neberaska blvd and it says upgradable Eziview.

So when I tried to set it up I couldn't get the motion detection to work. I called Hikvision support, read them the serial number and said it's not from authorized dealer and would not help me.

So I'm looking to return this but I don't see any of the authorized sellers listed selling this camera..

So what gives?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First off, I'm brand new to this and just got my first IP cam and I'm trying to set it up.

It's a Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IS. I bought it off Amazon and it said it was from Hikvision but shipping label says it's Neberaska blvd and it says upgradable Eziview.

So when I tried to set it up I couldn't get the motion detection to work. I called Hikvision support, read them the serial number and said it's not from authorized dealer and would not help me.

So I'm looking to return this but I don't see any of the authorized sellers listed selling this camera..

So what gives?
almost every authorized re-seller wont sell to end users...installers only...start reading the forum..also there are much better options than that camera..

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My main concern is I can't get the support that I need to get the camera to work. I enabled motion detection and walked past the camera several times and got nothing. I chose this camera for the fact that it had a mic. What camera would you suggest?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My main concern is I can't get the support that I need to get the camera to work. I enabled motion detection and walked past the camera several times and got nothing. I chose this camera for the fact that it had a mic. What camera would you suggest?
They is why they dont sell to end users...they dont want to waste support time with basic issues...You have something set incorrectly...you can post your settings on the forum and ask for help. If you want great direct support the same camera is available via nellys NSC-254S-DM 4MP WDR Mini Dome IP Security Camera with Built-in Microphone 2.8mm - Nelly's Security
See the wiki for info on cams.

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I may have figured it out. I changed the setting in the record schedule from continuous to event. Now I just need to find out how to get the mic and Hik-connect app to work.

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.