Brand New to IP/PTZ Cams

joriet

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm a retired enthusiest of everything interesting. Remote cams happens to be one of them. I have lots of time on my hands but I've spent way too much trying to get my Jide Tech PTZ / IP camera to show up on my home computer and cell phone. So I have 2 different networks. I tried to connect them together through work stations and VPN connections and failed doing that also. I have the Blue Iris trial and love the layout on my "Client or Host or Server?" Whatever it's called, it's the computer at my acre property I use to shoot, reload, and enjoy the wildlife. I have 2 wyze cams hooked up out there and those were a breeze to connect to everything. But this PTZ 20X zoom cam has great usable features that I love. I can zero in on my bird feeder at my property and enjoy birdwatching "there," but not at home while relaxing in front of my fish tank and fire place! I'm in total frustrating limbo and have been for a week. Any kind of help to get me where I want to be would be forever appreciated! I'm happy to find other entusiasts online who like Blue Iris as well! Thank you all for reading this! -Joe R.....I see this networking thing with 2 different networks is more involved than I thought. I was just hoping I could asign an address to my PTZ and type it in my web browser from anywhere and PRESTO! All the control features and cam picture at my finger tips......Is that asking for too much? I'll continue researching until I find the answer......or until my time runs out for that eternal dirt nap.

Last edited:

gawws

n3wb
Reaction score
The Wyze Cams are made for a quick and easy setup with access from anywhere. You can do the same thing with the Blue Iris web server, but it's neither quick nor easy. There are several different videos on YouTube, but it requires some knowledge of TCP/IP networking. You will want to either configure a VPN or put your BI server in a DMZ.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm a retired enthusiest of everything interesting. Remote cams happens to be one of them. I have lots of time on my hands but I've spent way too much trying to get my Jide Tech PTZ / IP camera to show up on my home computer and cell phone. So I have 2 different networks. I tried to connect them together through work stations and VPN connections and failed doing that also. I have the Blue Iris trial and love the layout on my "Client or Host or Server?" Whatever it's called, it's the computer at my acre property I use to shoot, reload, and enjoy the wildlife. I have 2 wyze cams hooked up out there and those were a breeze to connect to everything. But this PTZ 20X zoom cam has great usable features that I love. I can zero in on my bird feeder at my property and enjoy birdwatching "there," but not at home while relaxing in front of my fish tank and fire place! I'm in total frustrating limbo and have been for a week. Any kind of help to get me where I want to be would be forever appreciated! I'm happy to find other entusiasts online who like Blue Iris as well! Thank you all for reading this! -Joe R.....I see this networking thing with 2 different networks is more involved than I thought. I was just hoping I could asign an address to my PTZ and type it in my web browser from anywhere and PRESTO! All the control features and cam picture at my finger tips......Is that asking for too much? I'll continue researching until I find the answer......or until my time runs out for that eternal dirt nap.
Welcome @joriet

".. I was just hoping I could assign an address to my PTZ and type it in my web browser from anywhere and PRESTO! .. "

Those days of internet innocence are long gone .. internet attacks have forced everyone to pay more attention to the risks / threats and attacks.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

Secure Network

VPN Primer