Brazen Break-in At My Office

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Technically it's called an ambush code....meaning someone is forcing you to disarm the system.
That may depend on who's manual you're looking at, and it's been a while since i've had reason to read an alarm manual. 4357 is a popular choice of ambush code (would spell HELP on a phone or honeywell keypad).

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That may depend on who's manual you're looking at, and it's been a while since if had reason to read an alarm manual. 4357 is a popular choice of ambush code (would spell HELP on a phone keypad).
I like to use something that is really easy to remember like 9999 or 1234. To add another term to the mix, some call it a duress code.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good idea, simple combo will make it easy to remember during high stress time. Too complicated the brain might go blank.

I might not remember 4357, a number like 1234 seems to be a better choice.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Brain must be the same guy who was vacuuming with Walkmans on 30 feet away from me when my hand was crushed in the Pasta Machine at Donnatelle's and I was waving and yelling as loud as I could.
Makes me miss all the Crime at the Condo in the back parking lot.
Guy looks a little bit like an NFL cornerback who used to play on the west coast.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I like to use something that is really easy to remember like 9999 or 1234. To add another term to the mix, some call it a duress code.
My only concern would be with how closely someone is watching them.

6321 could be fun ambush code for installers at everyone's least favorite alarm company. Practices like user code backwards or user code plus one are typically frowned on these days due to ease of false alarms.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I have Ring for my home alarm and they call it a Duress Code. There is no cancelling it once you put it in. It acts exactly like a normal code and will disarm the alarm but also serves as a panic button when you put it in.