Break-in

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have a few cameras that setting them in my time zone results in it being an hour off, so a few of the cams I have had to change the time zone to get it to stay accurate.
I may have to try this. I have one camera that is an hour off. Guessing a firmware bug of some kind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
2231 for me as well! Mine seems to have happened when I switched from nettime on my BI machine to using my pfsense for NTP. The camera keeps reverting to the BI address for the NTP server. I’m using IE and can change it, the time updates to correct. And if I log out and back in it shows correct. But soon after it reverts that IP address back to the old value. So faking the time zone does not work as it can’t reach an NTP server anyways once the IP changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Created a separate thread for the 2231 NTP issue. Trying not to hijack this from @handinpalm

I still can't get over that druggie going through your garage for so long! She is lucky you didn't come out and find her! Good reminder for me to finally mount the two cameras I have for my garage... one is just sitting on a shelf and the other still in the box!

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Created a separate thread for the 2231 NTP issue. Trying not to hijack this from @handinpalm
Yes, Dahua 2231 are the cams that I have a problem with time sync on net time also. Will look at your other thread, Thanks!

Reaction score
Yes, I have pre-trigger alarm notice, but it is not on the most used door. I guess I can place a note on the other doors and use alarm. The ironic thing is, my entire side/bark yard is fenced with 6' wood/vinyl privacy fence except a few places where it is down on the neighbors fence. My neighbor happens the be a Deputy Sheriff and was home with marked car out front. I live in a somewhat out of the way dead end situation that backs up to a Bayou. Not easily accessible. Last place I expect entry was from the back. Not anymore.
What's the make/model of your alarm system? Why not just change that door to an entry delay instead of a perimeter zone?

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have caved in to setting my alarm system at night, while at home. Something that I have been very hesitant about doing, just for the thought I need to do something like that while at home. Just one more step to protect yourself in the everchanging fucked up world. I guess we can thank all the left wing political assholes giving the thieves the green light. It is only going to get worse. I guess the next step down the road will be razor wire. Thanks for everyone's input.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You have me thinking about changing the zone type for our basement motion detectors so we can arm at night and still wander down there for a trip to the freezer without getting broken ear drums.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got a call from the Sheriff dept and they stated that this little thief is now sitting in the county jail on felony burglary. The cameras have won again! Another great job by our Sheriff Dept. Only thing moving around last night was the Coyote. Where was he when I needed him. Set YT resolution to 1440.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I use time.google.com on all my camera with DST setting enabled. Never had an issue with time being out of sync.

Reaction score
I got a call from the Sheriff dept and they stated that this little thief is now sitting in the county jail on felony burglary. The cameras have won again! Another great job by our Sheriff Dept.
Be sure to show up for her court date. Her attorney may subpoena you to testify about your video recordings, hoping that you won't appear and then the judge will dismiss the charges. If you are present in court and her attorney knows it, in all likelihood she will take a plea bargain.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I found her arrest record online, but they stopped posting mug shots. $10K bond. Looked up her given address on Google maps and saw her posing out in front of house w/ a Bud in hand. This was from 2019 Google street view and looks like she only has a few tattoos on left arm. She was also just arrested about 2 weeks ago for possession of Fentanyl. Her given address is actually in a very nice, expensive waterfront location. But their yard looks like crap. Go figure. Does this look like her before she lost weight through drugs? Let that be a lesson to you, don't ever pose for the Google street view vehicle.

1626368439679.png

Reaction score
I found her arrest record online, but they stopped posting mug shots. $10K bond. Looked up her given address on Google maps and saw her posing out in front of house w/ a Bud in hand. This was from 2019 Google street view and looks like she only has a few tattoos on left arm. She was also just arrested about 2 weeks ago for possession of Fentanyl. Her given address is actually in a very nice, expensive waterfront location. But their yard looks like crap. Go figure. Does this look like her before she lost weight through drugs?
Very interesting find. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that someone from the nicer side of town wound up as a heavy drug user.

She's still reasonably attractive right now, but that won't last. Give her another five or ten years, and she'll have aged twenty or thirty.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Be sure to show up for her court date. Her attorney may subpoena you to testify about your video recordings, hoping that you won't appear and then the judge will dismiss the charges. If you are present in court and her attorney knows it, in all likelihood she will take a plea bargain.
Yes show up to all the court hearings that are you subpoenaed for.