Bricked DS-7616 NVR

Reaction score
Please help, I have a bricked NVR and have tried everything with no luck.
I upgraded the firmware and now will not boot at all.

Have tried the TFTP tool put the original version back but all I get is transmitting file over and over, no errors or anything.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Please help, I have a bricked NVR and have tried everything with no luck.
Provide a few more details so that helpful responses can be made.
For example :
What's the full model number, what firmware was on it, what firmware was loaded (link) and how, what does SADP show?
In what way is it bricked? Does the logo show on power on, does it beep 15 times and restart etc etc

Have tried the TFTP tool put the original version back but all I get is transmitting file over and over,
That suggests the NVR may be one of the newer series where the firmware file is over 32MB and it's over the old Hikvision tftp updater tool size limit and it loops trying.
There are solutions for that issue.

Reaction score
Provide a few more details so that helpful responses can be made.
For example :
What's the full model number, what firmware was on it, what firmware was loaded (link) and how, what does SADP show?
In what way is it bricked? Does the logo show on power on, does it beep 15 times and restart etc etc

That suggests the NVR may be one of the newer series where the firmware file is over 32MB and it's over the old Hikvision tftp updater tool size limit and it loops trying.
There are solutions for that issue.
Hi, I tried the brickfix solution and was pleased to see the file transmitted successfully but then I didnt get the update complete it just sat there for around 30 mins. Also tried the CH version and got the same.
Full model no: DS-7616NI-K2/16p
original f/w: Version 3.4.100_180626
Updated to: 180904 (DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL)
Nothing comes up on screen at all but the fans run and there is a red LED on the board, no beeps either.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I tried the brickfix solution and was pleased to see the file transmitted successfully but then I didnt get the update complete it just sat there for around 30 mins. Also tried the CH version and got the same.
That's for R0 series cameras - nothing to do with NVRs.

Updated to: 180904 (DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL)
OK, so that's a 43MB firmware file, too big for the Hikvision tftp updater to handle.
As the device is probing successfully for the tftp updater, and you're pretty sure about the firmware versions, you could continue attempting to load the original firmware with this clone of the tftp updater that does not have the file size limitation :
scottlamb/hikvision-tftpd
Slightly more fiddly to set up - but should work OK.

And does SADP find the NVR and if so what status and firmware version?