Bricked FI9900P. Recoverable?

DTDC

n3wb
Reaction score
My 3 month old FI9900P has suddenly decided it wants to be a paperwieght. It's a warranty replacement of another one that dies, so Foscam says it's not covered, and that they don't offer repair services.

It receives power. The lights on the LAN cable light up with nothing plugged in, and one of them flashes when connected to a network cable. However, it doesn't show up on my network at all. No signs of life whatsoever otherwise. Multiple resets, multiple power cycles, to no avail.

I've seen some threads about unbricking other models. Does anyone know if that process can work on this one as well?

Thanks,
Dave

DTDC

n3wb
Reaction score
No sign of it at all on my network when looking through the router control panel It had a reserved IP address, but isn't there and I've gone through the list of all other devices without finding its MAC address.

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was going to write a separate post but my problem is exactly the same as above. My first F19900 has worked perfectly, very nice picture and no hassle at all. I then bought another one and it was a pig to set up. I eventually got it set up wired directly to the router, set a static IP and then it would work via powerline adapters in its chosen location. It then worked fine for 18 months but at Christmas I unplugged it because I suspected my powerline adapters were tripping by circuit breakers. Anyway this week I have hard wired network cables and plugged it back in . Result = dead as a dodo. I cannot detect its IP address anywhere. The fixed IP shows neither in Blue Iris nor sea monkey browser. It does not show in my BT router control panel and I even downloaded "Advanced IP Scanner" which , like my router, shows all devices except this one. It does not show in the Foscam client wheras the other cameras do. Nothing shows in the foscam camera search tool which has never worked on my PC. My diagnosis is : its knackered. I cant see a guarantee length on the Foscam website, but there is a new directive which gives us 2 years guarantee in the UK so its just within that. I have asked Foscam Uk for help but would be grateful if anyone can suggest anything else I can try.

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well after writing the above, my 9900 has sprung back into life. I have no idea why as the diagnosis was very clear. The only thing that changes was I fitted a new router and then suddenly I noticed a familiar attached device. Quick reconfiguration of Blue Iris to new IP address and its working fine. Screwed it back on the wall and its still working. No idea whether it was a router problem or a loose connection inside.