bricked Hikvision NVR (DS-7716N/16P)

Reaction score
hi i'm having the same problem with a NVR DS7732N-E4 can some one help me with the Firmware English version pleasee

Reaction score
i don't know i came home and it wasn't working i couldn't connect or anything and a black screen and i took the power off and on again an noting beep once and nothing then i connected my pc and i use the downgrade app to update the firmware and its connect but doesn't want to take the firmware its says resend required

Reaction score
Right no it staring up showing the hikvision logo then its shutdowns on my and back on with the logo and shutdown
just like windows with a windows problem
i want to try to upload the right firmware with putty but cant find the right firm ware

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i don't know i came home and it wasn't working i couldn't connect or anything and a black screen and i took the power off and on again an noting beep once and nothing
So it sounds like the problem was not caused by a firmware update that you did.

then i connected my pc and i use the downgrade app to update the firmware and its connect but doesn't want to take the firmware its says resend required
And you have not been able to install any other firmware.

i want to try to upload the right firmware with putty but cant find the right firm ware
As you apparently have PuTTY working - what does it show about why it is no longer working?

Reaction score
i cant find my serial cable right now i think its at the office i will get i tomorrow
whats its doing right now is just restarting after it show the embedded NVR hikvision start screen

do u know what i can do or try the only thing i have working is the downgrade tool thats working

BeoWulF404

n3wb
Reaction score
i also have a bricked DS-7716N-e4/16p i need the chinese - english firmware for the unit is it still available???

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
got the unit from someone who tried to flash it with wrong firmware...
So easily done with Hikvision products!

Are you familiar with how to use the Hikvision tftp updater tool?
The tftp updater, and instructions for use (but not the firmware) can be downloaded at the second Dropbox link here :
Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English
The NVR should still probe for the tftp updater tool.
If it turns out that it doesn't, then the serial console access will be needed.

ryeabs

n3wb
Reaction score
I look to be the latest victim in the "wrong" firmware flash saga. Purchased a DS-7632N-E2/8P on AliExpress a few years ago. Just recently I began having problems with email notifications so I thought it would be a good idea to try a firmware update after other email setting troubleshooting did not resolve. I went from V3.0.8 build 140825 to the EN firmeware located here (DOWNLOAD PORTAL). After applying the NVR went into a boot loop with the 15 error beeps (which lead me to this thread).

I'm downloading the TFTP files now and will start working to successfully connect to the NVR. Any hints on the right firmware to apply? Especially one that might happen to be back to English as I'm guessing I won't be very successful in navigating around the Chinese menus!

ryeabs

n3wb
Reaction score
I was successful with TFTP and was able to get the chinese firmware loaded -- 8th down on this list: 海康威视是以视频为核心的物联网解决方案提供商

Now I'm just missing the right pointer to get back to English. Navigating the setup in chinese even with Google Translate is trying! I tried the previous English firmware above with the firmware mod tool (changing to "2") but the NVR didn't like that (back to the looping 15 beeps).

ryeabs

n3wb
Reaction score
and when attempting to add all my cameras back to the NVR... they are all reporting "offline -- language mismatch". Doh! :(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score