Bricked IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE?

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One of my IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE cameras I got from Andy in July seemed to have died. It seems to perhaps be stuck in a boot loop since it seems to periodically disconnect from the switch. I can't ping it or see it with the Dahua ConfigTool. Any thoughts on how to recover it?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
One of my IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE cameras I got from Andy in July seemed to have died. It seems to perhaps be stuck in a boot loop since it seems to periodically disconnect from the switch. I can't ping it or see it with the Dahua ConfigTool. Any thoughts on how to recover it?

Thanks!
Pull it down and test with a short premade cable. Did you properly weatherproof the ethernet connection?

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Already pulled it down. It was in a dry spot under my covered patio. Tried with a short cable but still not working. Do these have an external reset button or do you have to take them apart?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Already pulled it down. It was in a dry spot under my covered patio. Tried with a short cable but still not working. Do these have an external reset button or do you have to take them apart?
you have to take them apart. How does the ethernet connection itself look? any connection outside must be properly sealed even if you think its dry.

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looking nice, fresh and clean. I don't think it's the connection. I'm tempted to try the reset button, but I'll wait to hear from Andy first.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking nice, fresh and clean. I don't think it's the connection. I'm tempted to try the reset button, but I'll wait to hear from Andy first.
if you have any more cameras outdoors, seal each connection with coax seal. This is a VERY common cause of failure.

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I shrink wrap, then seal the ends with electrical tape. Love that coax-seal stuff...thanks for reminding me about it!

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like it's bricked. I'm boxing it up to send back to Andy. He'd confident they can fix it.