Bricked my NVR DS7616NI-K2

top79

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi i have just bricked my DS7616 and am trying to upload new firmware to the NVR using the old Hikvison TFTP server, but the firmware just keeps uploading, it seems like it never finishes, i can ping the ip. 192.0.0.64 of the nvr and can see that it connects to the Hikvison TFTP server (v1 i think)

I am using Windows 10, have uninstalled antivirus and disabled firewall, but nothing helps, have also tried another brand new windows 10 machine without luck. Still same issue

Mike Ross

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi i have just bricked my DS7616 and am trying to upload new firmware to the NVR using the old Hikvison TFTP server, but the firmware just keeps uploading, it seems like it never finishes, i can ping the ip. 192.0.0.64 of the nvr and can see that it connects to the Hikvison TFTP server (v1 i think)

I am using Windows 10, have uninstalled antivirus and disabled firewall, but nothing helps, have also tried another brand new windows 10 machine without luck. Still same issue
The Hikvision TFTP server is no longer capable of finishing the update installation. You can solve this problem using two TFTP servers under windows. You need to install a non Hikvision TFTP server, (eg Solar Winds or similar) and start it. then start the Hikvision one. The Hikvision one will listen for the NVR and do the authentication on an undocumented port. Because you started the 3rd party TFTP server first, the TFTP port will be locked so that the 3rd party server will do the transfer, while the Hikvision server will fail to do so because of the locked port.

Last edited: