broken dahua with wrong 12V...

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Linux at all.
I can try something on Windows, I also have Arduino Mega, I don't know if its serial ports can be used to RX TX to Dahua UART? (definitely that 4 holes are for UART)
Also I have never tried these things before, I think I need your help ;)
BTW, this Dahua is a 4421r-as with chinese firmware.

Anyway, I tried to reset it, but the IR doesn't light up after pressing the reset button for more than 10s... Could it be because it's bricked and so it needs the UART/TFTP recover, or even if bricked, it should resets itself and light the IR?
Maybe TFTP is easier/faster to do? I mean to see if it communicates something? Or should it really be used the UART way?

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you should stop looking into software faults for what is clearly a hardware oops
The IR light will turn on if you power up the camera, yours is not turning on, something is kill.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I thought that, before this crash, I disabled the IR to always off, from software menu. Now I thought, if bricked, maybe it can't get the reset command... so it remains with the IR off.

Anyway if it's only a HW issue, this IR thing means it's not only the Ethernet chip broken, but something different, right?

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don't know which IC supplies the electronics on board with power.
A good start would be to measure the 3.3V pin on the serial connector to see if it is powered when you plug the camera in (PoE or 12V tail plug).

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, it says 0.1V/0.3V on the 2 pins starting on left or right side :(
I have a good multimeter for diodes/ resistors/ caps; also an ESR for caps. Now, I will try something at random...

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I looked at diodes on rear: B240A, M4 and 2xHD06 rectifier: all seem fine (they show 0,6V only on one side) apart the B240A that gives 0,2V on one side (they are shottky should be normal).
Apart only one B240A, the one downside in the middle of the 2 6R8: this gives 0,2 on one side, but 1,2V on the other side...
The big caps on the front have the correct capacitance.

I don't know what are those P-88 5ejxy (2 pin) and those LD5JI: (there are many)
And what is that big BGG 5fhu8 near the rectifier. Also those 2 pieces near it that don't have any signs, anyway I tried to test like a diode those 2 and they gave 0,6V on only one side...

Reaction score
The only reason I suggested checking for console output is to help confirm/deny that the processor is receiving any power and operating. Like the others said, if the power chip is toast, it's not very likely anything on the board at all is working.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, but it's not off completely: I remind it consumes 2W...

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh, my... I just retested the Wattmeter: now is definitely 0W!