Browseable timeline in Blue Iris app?

gawainxx

n3wb
Reaction score
I've switched over to Blue Iris from nest due to the amount of bandwidth Nest was constantly consuming.

One of the major painpoints for my family with the Blue Iris app is that I can't find a browseable timeline. You can view clips where BI was triggered but you can't seem to browse a timeline for a camera that is set for continuous recording.

Is there a method to browse and scroll through a camera's timeline similar to how the nest App works or how the BI Windows app works?

[Edit] I meant to say Mobile app (Android)

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can't scrub the timeline but you can jump the different positions in the timeline by dragging the round circle on the line.... You can also play back at 64 speed which makes it easy to search.... It also allows you to jump between triggers...

gawainxx

n3wb
Reaction score
You can't scrub the timeline but you can jump the different positions in the timeline by dragging the round circle on the line.... You can also play back at 64 speed which makes it easy to search.... It also allows you to jump between triggers...
Sorry, I should have probably specified that I'm referring to the mobile app (Android).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you please post a screenshot of where you are reffering to in the app? I don't know if I've seen the circle/orb you are reffering to?
post an image of what you see when you playback video...

gawainxx

n3wb
Reaction score
Im able to see alerts but Video playback is limited to the timeframe of the alert unfortunately. Is there a way to view the whole timeline for a recording segment? E.g. BI saves video footage in 8 hour chunks but I'm only able to see th individual alerts in the app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Im able to see alerts but Video playback is limited to the timeframe of the alert unfortunately. Is there a way to view the whole timeline for a recording segment? E.g. BI saves video footage in 8 hour chunks but I'm only able to see th individual alerts in the app.
sure, click on the camera live view, there is a calendar on the top right...

gawainxx

n3wb
Reaction score
Found the videos towards the bottom! I think I may need to daily back on the snapshot frewuency

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All I see is thousands of snapshots that were saved to my Google drive folder :(
that is because you are saving high res alert images and they are displaying along with the video files - there is no need for that...uncheck it in the record tab...you can also uncheck "include jpegs in all clips and timeline"..