BU Hiccup?- Distorted Stream- Tried everything!

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have 1 camera out of 8 that started having BI issues. BI5

Issues happens aprox 5-10 seconds after the camera has been rebooted, restarted, PTZ moved, new scene, extra motion etc.

What does it do?: The camera feed on BUI start splaying back seconds prior then jumps back to live and back and forth with major image distortions.
Only occurs on this one Dahua Camera and shows up in the BI recordings when playing back a clip with the app. So it is being recorded like this or at least plays back messed up like this. Dahua web gui is good.

What have I done:
Reset the dahua ptz camera to defaults
matched the setting from other cameras that work great on BI with no issues
checked the feed on the dahu web gui (fine)
Its been weeks and still doing it
def shows the issue on the BI app, not just the web UI3
Settings I have tried 15fps, 4086 bit rate, 50 interval, H.264 and H.264.H and 30fps (all different versions of this)
BI camera settings (see photos)
Deleted and readded the camera

What are my next steps? Thanks so much

I'll post a video as soon as it is done processing.

Attachments

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
2 things I can think of to try are disabling hardware acceleration on the cam and try differing version of the video drivers on the BI PC.

Also any changes to resolution, FPS, encoder type etc... have to be made on the cam itself.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How far is your camera run? I had one camera that was doing that but only did it when I put it on a run that was 200 feet - worked fine in GUI but not BI

If I took that camera and put it on a 100 foot line and it was fine.

I took a different camera and put it on the 200 foot line and it was fine.

Switched the cameras back, and had the same problem with the one camera on the 200 foot line. Switched it to a POE+ injector and not a POE switch and it is fine now.

Maybe try upping the buffer MB in BI. Is the frame rate the same as the FPS?

And for kicks, drop the resolution of the camera and see if it stops. I think it is a power issue with the resolution running and if so an isolated injector may fix it?

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like a bad cable, to me. Get a store bought premade cable and run it from the camera to the switch.

The Web GUI and BI have different data rates and video formats.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see the boat pause in the web gui video as well.
That cameras was one of your first one's you installed, wasn't it?
I'd at least check the cable connection at the camera to make sure it's not corroded. May not have been waterproofed properly.
But yeah, if it's that's one of the cables that is running along the Forrest floor, it could be bad.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It does look like it could be a network problem. The decoder in the web GUI is just handling the data loss better. Try running this app bp2008/pingtracer on the Blue Iris PC. Enter the IP of the camera in the host box. Uncheck Trace Route and Reverse DNS Lookup. Then push start. This creates a graph of latency between your PC and the camera. On a normally functioning LAN, ping times should remain mostly steady and mostly in the 0-1ms range. With IP cameras it is not uncommon to see a few spikes into the 10-20ms range or thereabouts. Signs of trouble would be lots of responses above 50-100ms and a very spiky/inconsistent graph.

Increase rate to 10 pings per second to collect data faster. For comparison purposes you can also enter the IPs of all your cameras in the host box, separated by commas, and then you will get a graph for each of them.

Anyway, let this run for a minute or two and post a screenshot of the results. That should tell us if the problem may be network related or if it is more likely encoder/decoder related.