Bulk discount From EmpireTech-Andy on Amazon shop

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
aha, the shipment has some delay because of the covid19, normally only 72hours at normal days. Most of the BF orders delivered this week, just Australia and NZ orders has some delay at Singapore.

brianegge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I received my five cameras from Andy and a 16 port netgear switch from Amazon. Racked the switch only to find its DOA.

Well, I can pull cable and test the cameras one at a time with a spare Poe injector.

lukasware

n3wb
Reaction score
0.0005 Lux @ (F1.0, AGC ON) 130dB WDR
0.0014 Lux @ (F1.0, AGC ON) 120dB WDR

Fairly substantial difference, if lux were linear the G1 needs 3x as much light as G2

T123456

n3wb
Reaction score
0.0005 Lux @ (F1.0, AGC ON) 130dB WDR
0.0014 Lux @ (F1.0, AGC ON) 120dB WDR

Fairly substantial difference, if lux were linear the G1 needs 3x as much light as G2
Thanks. I should have just googled, the specs on the AliExpress listing were wrong that's why I was confused. Any idea what the price point on the new DS-2CD2087G2 is?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
YES, this 5mp one is good enough for such place. Front door using the edge camera always good. A very small camera.

has this camera been reviewed? thinking about getting rid of a video doorbell, and using this instead. will have to be mounted at doorbell height were wires are already coming out. let me know

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
has this camera been reviewed? thinking about getting rid of a video doorbell, and using this instead. will have to be mounted at doorbell height were wires are already coming out. let me know
FWIW, I replaced my WiFi doorbell camera with the IPC-E3541F-AS-M. As anyone would expect, comparing a WiFi camera to a wired camera leaves no comparison. Wired wins big time every time. I am really happy with the day and night time video. At night I leave it on forced color.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
FWIW, I replaced my WiFi doorbell camera with the IPC-E3541F-AS-M. As anyone would expect, comparing a WiFi camera to a wired camera leaves no comparison. Wired wins big time every time. I am really happy with the day and night time video. At night I leave it on forced color.
i have my porch light 24/7 so color all night works for me. can you take a picture of ur install, and do u have any video clips you can post?

Thanks!

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have my porch light 24/7 so color all night works for me. can you take a picture of ur install, and do u have any video clips you can post?

Thanks!
I painted the enclosure to match the siding. I would highly recommend doing this as the camera blends in really well from a distance, but once someone gets to the porch they notice it and try to figure out what it is. Which means I get great snapshots of faces!

I am working on the night time video settings. As you can see with the one below, once someone gets close to the camera at night, it blurs. I don't have lighting past the hanging porch light. I lowered my gain setting recently but I am still waiting to see if that helps. I am not overly concerned with someone coming right up to my front door at night. I am using it to capture colors if someone walks up the driveway and goes around the side of the house. If I were to switch it to B/W, the night time image with IR gives me a clearer look at the persons face. But again, if someone is up to something in the middle of the night, I suspect they will go around the house and not right up to the well lite porch.

2020-09-24 11.15.56.JPG

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I painted the enclosure to match the siding. I would highly recommend doing this as the camera blends in really well from a distance, but once someone gets to the porch they notice it and try to figure out what it is. Which means I get great snapshots of faces!

I am working on the night time video settings. As you can see with the one below, once someone gets close to the camera at night, it blurs. I don't have lighting past the hanging porch light. I lowered my gain setting recently but I am still waiting to see if that helps. I am not overly concerned with someone coming right up to my front door at night. I am using it to capture colors if someone walks up the driveway and goes around the side of the house. If I were to switch it to B/W, the night time image with IR gives me a clearer look at the persons face. But again, if someone is up to something in the middle of the night, I suspect they will go around the house and not right up to the well lite porch.

View attachment 76849

You can take a small piece of the silver aluminum tape and place it on the inside of the glass of the porch light just in the right place to block the light from the bulb going directly to the camera. This will cut down the big blob of the light, and allow the camera to adjust more to the other light.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can take a small piece of the silver aluminum tape and place it on the inside of the glass of the porch light just in the right place to block the light from the bulb going directly to the camera. This will cut down the big blob of the light, and allow the camera to adjust more to the other light.
Awesome, thanks for the tip!

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Before and After aluminum tape taken at the same time from the previous day. Seems to make more of a difference than I would have guessed. Thanks again!

Porch.20201213_170906493.24.jpgPorch.20201215_171001851.15.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it doesn't take a lot to remove that glare - plus I found out on an older cam when I moved the cam, the constant glare from the light put a little burn darkness in the location of the light. I blocked it after that. It was an overview cam so I wasn't concerned about the glare at the time.

Actually I added in my light a flexible mirror that blocks the light to the camera, yet then reflects the light out away and it did make a small impact on the available light.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Before and After aluminum tape taken at the same time from the previous day. Seems to make more of a difference than I would have guessed. Thanks again!

View attachment 76930View attachment 76926
The wife gripes about everything, but has never mentioned any of mine where I added tape. With the silver, it just reflects the light elsewhere.
FYI, duck tape will get hot and melt inside a light fixture. Makes a big mess.

This is running full color at night with a 10 watt LED light in the top of the peak about 16' up. You can see where the light comes through the post and beam on the front of the porch. There is a second camera you can just barely see the edge on the other side of the door about 6' above the ground.

Front Porch.jpg

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Will change this topic to how to buy from Andy and latest new cams or FW information sharing.

Last edited: