Bulk discount From EmpireTech-Andy on Amazon shop

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Andy,
Perfect timing as I’m just about to get started on another Dahua NVR and camera install. It’s been a year or two since my last order so I was wondering what the current 24 channel POE NVR model was these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Andy,
Perfect timing as I’m just about to get started on another Dahua NVR and camera install. It’s been a year or two since my last order so I was wondering what the current 24 channel POE NVR model was these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have this one, NVR5224-24P-4KS2 this one also comes with a Rack mount, the only NVR which comes with rack mount from dahua.
And the new NVR use the 4.0 AI version.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
i am thinking to do a New Year discount at early Feb. Will be same as black Friday, maybe more ;)
We do it when Joe will deliver 1400usd , help more guys to buy the good system.
I've been holding off on buying a couple cameras to finish my system, this may make me finally do it.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any reason bullet over turret? Does NVR have as much customization when compared to BI?
Hi,

I personally like bullets, I think it's more a personal choice. I doubt NVR has as much customiszation as BI but I don't want to run a computer 24/7 and I have NVR at moment but with only 8 channels and since getting the addiction for more cameras I now need to step up as have 9 cameras with another 2 planned. So I think personal choice on that also. I don't like having to step down from 4k cameras to 4mp ones but I have clearly seen that if you want decent night vision i.e make out people's faces at a decent range the HFW5442E's seem to put my 4K Lorex cameras to shame.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any reason bullet over turret? Does NVR have as much customization when compared to BI?
Most of the time within the same model range \ series, the Bullets have better depth of field and better night performance (NOT ALWAYS THE CASE).
I personally use Bullets as I feel they are less obtrusive and it's more difficult to guess their fov. (personal opinion only, no evidence to support this)

I am a BI user and BI has a ton more customization compared to an NVR, but it comes with a downside.
Most Dahua cams support a lot of AI features which only work with the Dahua NVR's that support AI (note: not all the NVR's support the AI features)
The cams also have features such as smart codecs that only work with Dahua NVR's, and this can save a ton of space.
No right sizing a PC, troubleshooting windows, drivers ect. You just plug-in your cams and they work, there is actually a lot to be said for just working.
I have also found the quality of the footage to be slightly superior on the NVR, ie: identical to what is saved on say an SD card. Decoding H.265 in particular does come with a quality hit on windows, although I would wager 90% plus of people couldn't tell unless they were comparing 4k footage on a large screen, say 70"-85", not something you could easily detect on a PC monitor without a fair amount of zoom.

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most of the time within the same model range \ series, the Bullets have better depth of field and better night performance (NOT ALWAYS THE CASE).
I personally use Bullets as I feel they are less obtrusive and it's more difficult to guess their fov. (personal opinion only, no evidence to support this)

I am a BI user and BI has a ton more customization compared to an NVR, but it comes with a downside.
Most Dahua cams support a lot of AI features which only work with the Dahua NVR's that support AI (note: not all the NVR's support the AI features)
The cams also have features such as smart codecs that only work with Dahua NVR's, and this can save a ton of space.
No right sizing a PC, troubleshooting windows, drivers ect. You just plug-in your cams and they work, there is actually a lot to be said for just working.
I have also found the quality of the footage to be slightly superior on the NVR, ie: identical to what is saved on say an SD card. Decoding H.265 in particular does come with a quality hit on windows, although I would wager 90% plus of people couldn't tell unless they were comparing 4k footage on a large screen, say 70"-85", not something you could easily detect on a PC monitor without a fair amount of zoom.
Which is a good 16 channel nvr?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt NVR has as much customiszation as BI but I don't want to run a computer 24/7 and I have NVR at moment but with only 8 channels and since getting the addiction for more cameras I now need to step up as have 9 cameras with another 2 planned. So I think personal choice on that also. I don't like having to step down from 4k cameras to 4mp ones but I have clearly seen that if you want decent night vision i.e make out people's faces at a decent range the HFW5442E's seem to put my 4K Lorex cameras to shame.
An NVR is a watered down computer with an underpowered CPU that is running 24/7...I still am running an NVR that feeds cams to my BI computer. The NVR is pulling more power than the BI computer...

I have had whatever the NVR operating system is running on go out. TWICE. Got to buy a whole new NVR - TWICE

I have had the ethernet port go out on an NVR. Got to buy a whole new NVR.

i had the HDMI port go out on an NVR. Got to buy a whole new NVR.

Most I ever got was 2.5 years. The only working part was the HDD that I simply moved from the old NVR to the new one. I got to the point of realizing that an NVR is simply a stripped down computer, so I went to BI and never looked back. I got tired of buying a whole new unit.

So in my BI Computer, at least if the SSD goes out, I can just replace it. If the ethernet card goes out, I can just replace it. If the HDMI port goes out, I can just replace it. etc.

Personally I gave up on NVRs because I have found them to be clunky and a struggle to review clips and if a component goes out like the internet port, then you are stuck buying a new NVR whereas a computer part goes out and you replace just that component. I went to BI on a dedicated machine and haven't looked back.

Keep in mind that not all NVRs are created equal - look at bandwidth - an all in one box unit NVR like a Lorex or Amcrest is usually limited to 80Mbps total bandwidth for all the cameras and probably limits cams to 4096 bitrate, so once you look at an NVR that can pass a higher bandwidth, the dedicated computer and Blue Iris was cheaper in my case. Pros and Cons to each and many people on here run NVRs successfully.

And you have personally seen the comparison between a 4MP 5442 versus an 8MP Lorex - chasing megapixels is a lost cause at night because you need so much more light for an 8MP camera versus a 4MP camera with the same sensor. Many people on here preach about not chasing megapixels and now you see why.

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also good suggestion on dome indoor (office, some lights are on in the office) and bullet/turret outdoor camera (no light outside except pole light)