Bullet Camera Difference

karunakar

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-2CD2042WD-I vs DS-2CD2T42WD-I3 as both are bullet cameras and whats the main difference as i need those for drive way and to cover front of the house with two cameras.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Physical appearance and different IR to start with.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Power consumptionI3:5.5W MAX; I5:7W MAX; I8:10W MAX;
IR DistanceI3:30m; I5:50m; I8:80m

Thanks to @afddwfadwfadwf for this information

Last edited by a moderator:

karunakar

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks and i checked those and wanted to know about quality during day and night compare to normal bullet camera DS-2CD2042WD-I

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
there are plenty of images and comparisons here you can search for. I have both of them and the IR on the DS-2CD2T42WD compare to the other is like "night & day" ... a little joke there . ha-ha . But it´s true the IR is way better spread out . and for the distances that is stated . perhaps reduce it with some 30 % at least to get a more accurate distance where the IR is good.

The
DS-2CD2042WD-I is a smaller and neater form factor though so it all depends where and how you will mount it. The IR is good enough if it is used properly. but a more round and centered IR compared to the other one.

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All the 2-series x42 cameras have the same sensor, electronics and firmware, so the only possible differences are:
* Mechanical. Mount options, size, physical appearance. Obviously, your 2 cameras are very different. the "T" is much larger than the regular bullet. See a picture at: https://www.skstore.com.au/image/cache/catalog/StockPics/AlarmAndSecurity/SecurityCameras/Hikvision/Hikvision-Comparison-IMG_6585-1600x1600.jpg
* Lens. It seems that both use a f/2.0 lens, so no difference there.
* IR. The "T" has multiple substantially more powerful IR power options and that is its main advantage over the regular bullet.
* I/O options (SD, wifi, audio, I/O). Looks like none of these is available for either camera.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The turret form factor is better for outside installations.
Said Noone ever... that seems like an extremely individual opinion

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As Q point's out... turret is a superior design....

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not really. IMO of course, but IMO one will have less issues with IR reflection and spider webs with a turret over a bullet or dome form factors.
Ok true dat. On my small bullet I get alot of spiderwebs from time to time. On the "big" bullet nothing so far

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok true dat. On my small bullet I get alot of spiderwebs from time to time. On the "big" bullet nothing so far

That is because your big bullet has exir - separate ir led, like the turret.

karunakar

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems i may need to go for DS-2CD2T42WD as i want better night vision.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 has brighter IR for night. During the day the quality is exactly the same as the DS-2CD2042WD-I. Easy one.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
and for the distances that is stated . perhaps reduce it with some 30 % at least to get a more accurate distance where the IR is good.
I think manufacturers must put up a mirror reflector post at 30 meters and if they can see it in the camera then they say the IR has a 30 meter range. 30% is probably not enough to shave off the IR specs on most cameras.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Divide by half minimum. Just completely ignore it actually. Like they actually test it? I mean Hikvision don't even test their firmware releases.