Bullet Camera Suggestion

dmora

n3wb
Reaction score
I need a camera that can capture good quality during the day/nigh between my house and neighbors, mostly by the A/C units and the power panel. I've tried the following but each has its issues mostly night quality is bad. I have included a picture of the area with one of the cameras below. During the day it's not that bad but at night it doesn't look good.

4K(8MP) Varifocal PoE IP Camera

PANOEAGLE 5MP Full Color Varifocal PoE IP Camera

Amcrest Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) IP PoE AI Camera

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
You tested a lot of cheap toys :)

big 1/1.8" and bright sensor good for night image... 4mpx... very good image processing.. lots of AI modes...
varifocal - optical zoom 2.8-12mm (something like 0.5 - 2x on Your mobile), so You can zoom-in to get more narrow view...

Dahua 5442 (54IR) is most popular model here on the forum..
Empiretech sells OEM versions of Dahua cams..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
4K/8MP cameras with a 1/2.8" sensor that should be in no greater than a 2MP camera won't perform at night. A 4MP with a 1/1.8" sensor is a MUCH better choice.

Ideal-sensor-size-to-megapixel.png

dmora

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, now I know why the quality is so bad on those.

I was previously looking at the EmpireTech 4K 8MP 1/1.2" CMOS Ultra Low Light Full-Color AI IP Camera. Is this a good option as well. Amazon Link

Which Lens would be ideal? 2.8mm, 3.6mm or 6mm? Thanks for all your help.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind the 4K cameras do not see infrared, so you need enough light or be willing to use the built-in white light (which most do not).

Further they suffer from a narrow focus depth. They make great overview cameras, but anything closer than 15 feet or further than 20 feet may be a little soft/blurry.

dmora

n3wb
Reaction score
Keep in mind the 4K cameras do not see infrared, so you need enough light or be willing to use the built-in white light (which most do not).

Further they suffer from a narrow focus depth. They make great overview cameras, but anything closer than 15 feet or further than 20 feet may be a little soft/blurry.
Thanks for the explanation, I can't decide between IPC-T54IR-ZE S3 or IPC-B54IR-ZE S3.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Bullet has better/stronger IR which he needs

I'd go with the IPC-B54IR-ZE S3

The Z4 will overshoot 1/2 of your view

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I need a camera that can capture good quality during the day/nigh between my house and neighbors, mostly by the A/C units and the power panel. I've tried the following but each has its issues mostly night quality is bad. I have included a picture of the area with one of the cameras below. During the day it's not that bad but at night it doesn't look good.

4K(8MP) Varifocal PoE IP Camera

PANOEAGLE 5MP Full Color Varifocal PoE IP Camera

Amcrest Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) IP PoE AI Camera

"I need a camera that can capture good quality during the day/night between my house and neighbors, mostly by the A/C units and the power panel. I've tried the following but each has its issues mostly night quality is bad. " - dmora

As noted by previous posters .. do pay attention to the sensor size and megapixels. Larger pixel size on the sensors do better in low light image capture..

FYI - posting clips from the Amazon page of the cameras for future reference as often products on Amazon get changed / removed / out of stock.
Note I've highlighted the sensor size in each of the product descriptions on Amazon ( use a proper PC when doing your research so all the details are easier to see .. )

4K(8MP) Varifocal PoE IP Camera,Outdoor Security Bullet Camera 5X Optical Zoom 2.7~13.5mm Lens,Smart Color Night Vision(98ft),Human/Vehicle Detection,Two-Way Talk,MicroSD (256G)
Visit the VIKVIZ Store

【4K Ultra HD & 5X Optical Zoom 】Ultra HD(3840×2160) resolution using the latest CMOS 1/2.8" image sensor with advanced image processing technology and optical technology, equipped with 2.7-13.5mm 5x optical zoom motorized lens,to be able to cover more ground without damaging the

1726679295665.png

PANOEAGLE 5MP Full Color Varifocal PoE IP Camera, Outdoor Bullet Camera 5X Optical Zoom 2.7~13.5mm Lens,Human Vehicle Detection,Smart Dual Light,Two-Way Talk,MicroSD (256GB),IP67
Visit the PANOEAGLE Store

【5MP Ultra HD 5X Optical Zoom Camera】2592 x 1944 resolution using CMOS 1/2.8" image sensor with advanced image processing and optical technology. 2.7-13.5mm 5x optical zoom motorized lens can cover more ground and see clearer detailed images of objects. This 5MP IP PoE camera also records 24/7 via a micro SD card (up to 256GB, not included) or NVR.

1726679420638.png

Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) IP PoE AI Camera, FOV 129°, 49ft Color Nightvision, Security Outdoor Bullet Camera, Human & Vehicle Detection, Active Deterrent, 4K @15fps, IP8M-2796EW-AI (White)
Visit the Amcrest Store

COLOR NIGHT VISION – Built to weather any storm and the darkest of nights, this 4K PoE IP Camera features a heavy-duty metal weatherproof IP67 housing as well as built-in Light & Warm Light Auto Shift and a 1/2.8” 8MP progressive CMOS image sensor to achieve unsurpassed low-light capability and color night-vision up to 49.2 feet. Built in microphone. Dual H.265/H.264 compression allows for maximum encryption with the latest technology as well as backwards compatibility.

1726679523869.png

Last edited:

dmora

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased IPC-B54IR-ZE S3 and I can see a good difference in night..thanks everyone.

How can I zoom in a little more so that images can be clearer around the A/C units.

Attachments