Bullet IP Camera with Digital input recommendation.

Saskyguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
I've scoured Google, Amazon, and this forum for an IP camera that might fit my idea; but come up empty handed. Maybe someone here could recommend something.

I'd like to add on to my existing surveillance system which consists of Blue Iris software, a few Hikvision 2032 3MP IP cams, a Sea-Dac 8112 relay, and a couple other auxiliary pieces.

I want to try installing an IP cam triggered by a magnetic driveway probe. I've considered running the probe to the Sea-Dac relay inputs and setting the trigger through BI that way; but the new cam's location would be pretty far away (~550ft run and I'm still working out the logistics and technical challenges with that). I would instead like to find an outdoor POE IP Bullet cam, of similar quality to the Hiks I have but with digital inputs to use the probe as a event trigger.

Anyone know of a cam that could fit this project? Do you think this project is unrealistic and I'm in over my head? Thank you in advance!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,
I've scoured Google, Amazon, and this forum for an IP camera that might fit my idea; but come up empty handed. Maybe someone here could recommend something.

I'd like to add on to my existing surveillance system which consists of Blue Iris software, a few Hikvision 2032 3MP IP cams, a Sea-Dac 8112 relay, and a couple other auxiliary pieces.

I want to try installing an IP cam triggered by a magnetic driveway probe. I've considered running the probe to the Sea-Dac relay inputs and setting the trigger through BI that way; but the new cam's location would be pretty far away (~550ft run and I'm still working out the logistics and technical challenges with that). I would instead like to find an outdoor POE IP Bullet cam, of similar quality to the Hiks I have but with digital inputs to use the probe as a event trigger.

Anyone know of a cam that could fit this project? Do you think this project is unrealistic and I'm in over my head? Thank you in advance!
Hi Sasky

Look for a Hikvision or Dahua camera which has an alarm input.

Saskyguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have another peek at what's available. So far I haven't found one with digital inputs though. I'm avoiding PTZ due to higher power consumption, higher cost and slow satellite internet making it's features not very usable remotely; but still might be worth it in this application.

Saskyguy

n3wb
Reaction score
After a renewed search I've had some success. I changed my search language from digital input to alarm input and I'm getting results now (I blame night shift brain). Thanks for the help!