Burglars run after getting fright on their life

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It worked, but I think your message was a little too nice. It sounded like a prerecorded message. I think I would make message more aggressive.
Ah yes....
I've posted this one before and I will again!

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also shows that motion activated lights are worthless,
Something I'm playing with at the moment, is Blue Iris AI turning on inside lights when motion is detected outside. The plan, if I can get it to work, is to turn on lights in bathrooms, the garage, laundry, and lounge room, with the intent that the thieves see the lights come on inside the house, and think that someone has been disturbed and is up turning on lights. They expect motion sensor lights to turn on outside the house, how many are going to expect their arrival is automatically turning on lights inside the house?

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Amazing they didn't even flinch when the light went on.
I'd have preferred to hear a 12ga. rack and then some profound statement by Samuel Jackson though. :cool:
100% agree!! I think lights that are on all the time are more an initial deterrent (maybe the perps will choose an unlit target instead) than motion lights as they hone in on the initially dark target. Plus the fact that the cameras don't have to readjust when the lighting changes and can run full color mode all the time.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
100% agree!! I think lights that are on all the time are more an initial deterrent (maybe the perps will choose an unlit target instead) than motion lights as they hone in on the initially dark target. Plus the fact that the cameras don't have to readjust when the lighting changes and can run full color mode all the time.
We've seen example after example here, that most of these punks don't care about lights being on at all.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We've seen example after example here, that most of these punks don't care about lights being on at all.
I've also seen example after example of the punks and perps trying to hide behind things.... that means they don't want to be seen -- lights helps them be seen so they don't obviously like that. Lights are a deterrent. Bias comes into play when we see only the perps that still appear to ignore the lights but we never get to see the situations where the perps ignore the target that is lit up. If the perps still want to tresspass onto my well lit property rather than my 10 neighbors with hardly any lighting, that's their poor choice I guess LOL

Matrix1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently have a security system with a speaker connected to an axis audio module connected the the outputs of my NVR.

Here 2 burglars get the fright of their life when looking into my cars.

It's always better to prevent things from happening in stead of dealing with the aftermath.

Nice, did you use to set up the pre-recorded message? Was it an AI IPC cam or ? If so, which model IPC?

Webfont

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently have a security system with a speaker connected to an axis audio module connected the the outputs of my NVR.
Can you elaborate on your setup - what triggers the motion sensors and how did you eliminate false positives so the message doesn't play when a cat or a pedestrian just walks by the sidewalk. Thanks!

Reaction score
How about the inside lights turning on through Smartthings/hubitat, etc, and THEN the outside lights turning on about 20-30 seconds later???

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't think the message matters at all, just that it's loud...Notice they bolted at, "You are..."

Yeah, a little detail on how this setup is put together to trigger the message would be interesting to see.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And can we get a copy of that audio file! Scared me watching LOL and would love to put on mine.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"Please Leave the Area!" cracked me up totally. I immediately thought about it saying "you are being assimilated" or "All your base are belong to us".

Despite the humor, I get the effect was real. What i would replace it with: (speaking directly into the mic) Hey YOU! STOP! (turn away slightly from the mic and say as if to your wife) "hand me the gun!"

Reaction score

Here 2 burglars get the fright of their life when looking into my cars.

It's always better to prevent things from happening in stead of dealing with the aftermath.
That was awesome. But yes, maybe a tad bit too polite! :)