Buying Blueiris when you are from europe costs 20$ more But you can avoid this

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am still using BI 3 and since i just read the topic about Hardware Acceleration i thought this would be a nice addition and reason to put up some more camera's.
But i bought the license 2 years ago for 60 USD, back then the selling website did not have a EU page in my case Dutch.

to my surprise when the page was loaded the price tag was suddenly 73.30 € this is with the currency rate right now 80 usd
So i thought mmm, let's see what it does when i use a socks or vpn or proxy based in the US.
And you guessed it correct the price tag was this time 59.95 $

So with this simple trick as European buyer it would save you 15€ or 20$.
If you are not feeling ok using a US vpn or something, ask someone you maybe know that lives in us or any country thats not connected to the EU.
Probably this will save you the same amount.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am still using BI 3 and since i just read the topic about Hardware Acceleration i thought this would be a nice addition and reason to put up some more camera's.
But i bought the license 2 years ago for 60 USD, back then the selling website did not have a EU page in my case Dutch.

to my surprise when the page was loaded the price tag was suddenly 73.30 € this is with the currency rate right now 80 usd
So i thought mmm, let's see what it does when i use a socks or vpn or proxy based in the US.
And you guessed it correct the price tag was this time 59.95 $

So with this simple trick as European buyer it would save you 15€ or 20$.
If you are not feeling ok using a US vpn or something, ask someone you maybe know that lives in us or any country thats not connected to the EU.
Probably this will save you the same amount.
If you own BI3 you can email the developer for a coupon to upgrade to BI 4 for only 30 dollars.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
O really ?
Thanks for the tip, i didn't made the payment just yet.
And i probably read over it , day keeps getting better and better ;)

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thats an even better option indeed if you do not own a BI3 license already.
Thanks for sharing

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes indeed, its a bit more actually since tax here is 21%
If you would calculate the price in € with current rate it would be
55€ x 1.21 = 66.55 €
So what the rest is for , no idea.
It lands probably in someones pocket :single_eye: