Buying From AliExpress

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy mentioned that he was going to be shipping out a large pallet this weekend; never mentioned the holiday. I'm not sure what the status of that shipment is as he hasn't updated us on that regard. Hopefully, he is doing well. :)

Coming to the topic of this thread, I never bought anything from Aliexpress, but from what I noticed, it sure appears to be a lot better than heading over to Bed Bath & Beyond, lol
Be mindful that most Asian countries are in public holiday Mode into Wednesday.
Ching Ming is a 3 day holiday which started on Sunday and finishes Tuesday Night.

Sellers and Couriers will have a back log on Wednesday to get through so expect some days if buying from Ali or via Andy.

Speaking of Andy, triple check on the day he plans to ship out.
He sent me a 4216 rather then the 5216 I ordered/paid for.

Thankfully the 4KS2 models are almost identical apart from the Network I/O.

He is also very low on all stocks and won't be seeing much for the next few weeks until Dahua comes fully back online. (They moved factory locations).

I needed some cameras in a hurry and ended up buying HDW4431EM-AS from him, shall be interesting to see how those go.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Andy mentioned that he was going to be shipping out a large pallet this weekend; never mentioned the holiday. I'm not sure what the status of that shipment is as he hasn't updated us on that regard. Hopefully, he is doing well. :)

Coming to the topic of this thread, I never bought anything from Aliexpress, but from what I noticed, it sure appears to be a lot better than heading over to Bed Bath & Beyond, lol
Guess it's like anything, check the sellers stats, how many sales vs returns, customer feedback on products, how long have they been selling on Ali for.

Most sellers match each other on pricing, but will offer specials from time to time or will offer discounts for bulk buys. etc

But if you want to get better pricing and are ok in taking a risk, look for newer sellers, they often undercut the other venders so they can build up their rankings.

Just make sure you use Ali's payment gateway and you will be protected.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Ask him for the tracking number.

He has no issue providing them, otherwise check your paypal invoice, should be attached as he adds them in.
it's cool, I've been in contact, I'm sure he will get it to me, this is for a replacement so it won't be in my paypal.

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't, but Andy said that's when I'd get it LOL.
I got an updated dhl tracking # (on Ali) for an Andy order. Shows the package moving from the pickup site in Hong Kong Sunday, through the sort facility on Monday. Sounds like it's on track to get here with no issues from the holiday.

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hot dog. Just checked shipping info on my 2nd non-Andy Ali order (from the sale at the end of March) and there's actually tracking info on it. Your item was collected(BeiJingShi yonganluyingyebu) at 2017-04-03 04:21:00

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got an updated dhl tracking # (on Ali) for an Andy order. Shows the package moving from the pickup site in Hong Kong Sunday, through the sort facility on Monday. Sounds like it's on track to get here with no issues from the holiday.
You are lucky, my order from Andy is still in HK.
My other DHL orders from Ali (other sellers) are chilling in Singapore, and another has actually made it to Australia in usual DHL speed.

That holiday has really thrown the couriers into a bit of a mess. haha

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score

I just got an email notice this morning from Ali Express saying another Dahua camera shipped out from one of Andy's stores. I placed the order on March 31, so my camera must have been on that pallet.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a quick update to my message above. Received a text message from DHL this morning saying that this package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Good thing you're subscribed to DHL Shipping Notifications, haha :)

Just a quick update to my message above. Received a text message from DHL this morning saying that this package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Saw this thread today. I signed up for this site as a new user. Also signed up on Aliexpress to contact Andy. Bought 5 pieces of IPC-HDBW4431R-AS 2.8MM version for $85/pc including free dhl shipping. Seems like a decent deal, I saw amazon sell for 82.99/pc, but didn't have prime shipping and was international version (some reviews say it's in chinese). Andy claimed that if I order 4/4 i should get it on 4/10. We'll see if it's really that fast. Thanks guys

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Saw this thread today. I signed up for this site as a new user. Also signed up on Aliexpress to contact Andy. Bought 5 pieces of IPC-HDBW4431R-AS 2.8MM version for $85/pc including free dhl shipping. Seems like a decent deal, I saw amazon sell for 82.99/pc, but didn't have prime shipping and was international version (some reviews say it's in chinese). Andy claimed that if I order 4/4 i should get it on 4/10. We'll see if it's really that fast. Thanks guys
Once the order shipped, all of the orders from Andy took 1 1/2 days to arrive at my house in the Eastern US.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Reaction score
Just came across this seller undercutting everyone, guess it's a new seller trying to get feed back ratings.

Anyone game to give them ago?

Shenzhen Shao Bing digital Store - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Their prices may be a bit lower, but you have to pay for shipping and on the 5231E-Z I looked at there was no DHL option. There are lots of AliExpress sellers like this.

Why switch from a proven seller (who also does PayPal)? Andy/Empire/BEC has my business!! You won't find better pricing/shipping and a warranty than Andy.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just recieved toys Andy sent me last week, he is a serious seller, a trusted person and I don't give a Rat if I can't find the exact model I was looking for in his store, all I need I buy only from Andy. I had an issue and he fixed in less then 5 minutes, I need help and he is always present to help me, I don't need aliexpress warranty when I buy from him because I know any issue have a solution if there is Andy on the other side...