Buying From AliExpress

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What kind of discounts are we talking about? I may be interested in getting 2 Hikvision Turrets (something like the DS-2CD3345-I or DS-2CD2345-I) and a NVR (DS-7108N-SN) for my brother from this store.
Message them and ask.

Had one give me 15% off for buying 5 cameras and threw in free DHL shopping.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Their prices may be a bit lower, but you have to pay for shipping and on the 5231E-Z I looked at there was no DHL option. There are lots of AliExpress sellers like this.

Why switch from a proven seller (who also does PayPal)? Andy/Empire/BEC has my business!! You won't find better pricing/shipping and a warranty than Andy.
Never said about switching.

Just back up options. :)

Never limit your self to one vendor.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Message them and ask.

Had one give me 15% off for buying 5 cameras and threw in free DHL shopping.
That's actually not bad. With only 2 camera's and a cheapo NVR we're probably not getting that much discount but it's a good idea to ask for a discount then.
Oh, and I prefer that sort of things no to be shipped with DHL; much higher change of import costs/taxes with DHL compared to generic cheapo shipping :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the tip!

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The order I placed last Friday March 31 (at around 5 PM) with one of Andy's stores arrived yesterday around 1 PM.
Most of my orders take 3 days from payment to my door.
Eg, Paid for items on a Wednesday and had them by Friday.

DHL is pretty damn quick. :)

That's actually not bad. With only 2 camera's and a cheapo NVR we're probably not getting that much discount but it's a good idea to ask for a discount then.
Oh, and I prefer that sort of things no to be shipped with DHL; much higher change of import costs/taxes with DHL compared to generic cheapo shipping :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the tip!
In Australia, packages are more likely to sneak through via DHL.

But our import value limit is $1000 without any duty/tax. :)

Customs are more concerned with drugs and weapons here.

Last edited:

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DHL is ridiculous.. I had a pkg scheduled to deliver today to a business address.
Called them in the morning to check on the status, the guy told me that it will be delivered today by 5pm. I waited the whole day and called them back at 4:45pm. The rep on the phone said, by the end of the day. I asked what did that mean, she said by 9pm. I was like WHAT? This is a business, who opens that late. She said,... well we don't know it's a business, because it shows it's delivered to your name. Their system can't tell if the address is business or residential. So I said, "if i wrote the name as a fake business name and the address is a residential, it will deliver first?" She didn't know how to respond.

Now I have to wait til monday, this was suppose to be my weekend project.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DHL is ridiculous.. I had a pkg scheduled to deliver today to a business address.
Called them in the morning to check on the status, the guy told me that it will be delivered today by 5pm. I waited the whole day and called them back at 4:45pm. The rep on the phone said, by the end of the day. I asked what did that mean, she said by 9pm. I was like WHAT? This is a business, who opens that late. She said,... well we don't know it's a business, because it shows it's delivered to your name. Their system can't tell if the address is business or residential. So I said, "if i wrote the name as a fake business name and the address is a residential, it will deliver first?" She didn't know how to respond.

Now I have to wait til monday, this was suppose to be my weekend project.
Should have asked them to take it back to the depo and pick it up your self before they close or sat morning.

They allow that here.

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Should have asked them to take it back to the depo and pick it up your self before they close or sat morning.

They allow that here.
there's no saturday pickup, asked about that.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
there's no saturday pickup, asked about that.
Ouch, that sucks.

With DHL you need to call them if you have special requirements on the day.

I usually get things delivered to my home address as it's easier to manage them and their delivery time is predictable to a 30 minute window.

At work, they are a nightmare. haha

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ouch, that sucks.

With DHL you need to call them if you have special requirements on the day.

I usually get things delivered to my home address as it's easier to manage them and their delivery time is predictable to a 30 minute window.

At work, they are a nightmare. haha
too late, pkg was signature required and no one home to sign for

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
too late, pkg was signature required and no one home to sign for
DHL has never required a signature for any delivery here. I'm in Syracuse, NY. Left $4000+ worth of NVR's, cameras, mounts and j-boxes, no signature required on my front doorstep. I always ship to my home.

I have cameras and would know if there was a porch thief. I called the neighbor to asked him to put the stuff in the garage for me. No problem.

Not sure who you went through on AE, but I requested a Paypal invoice, and this was the third delivery I have received. Never was a signature required.

Hang in there. They will come Monday. I know it sucks not getting your goodies, but judging from your join date, and number of posts, you've been waiting all your life for cameras from China. Another 3 days isn't the end of the world.

SD

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DHL has never required a signature for any delivery here. I'm in Syracuse, NY. Left $4000+ worth of NVR's, cameras, mounts and j-boxes, no signature required on my front doorstep. I always ship to my home.

I have cameras and would know if there was a porch thief. I called the neighbor to asked him to put the stuff in the garage for me. No problem.

Not sure who you went through on AE, but I requested a Paypal invoice, and this was the third delivery I have received. Never was a signature required.

Hang in there. They will come Monday. I know it sucks not getting your goodies, but judging from your join date, and number of posts, you've been waiting all your life for cameras from China. Another 3 days isn't the end of the world.

SD
I bought from Andy. Not a big deal, just don't like how DHL handled the delivery.
Tracking clearly shows signature required.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In Australia, packages are more likely to sneak through via DHL.

But our import value limit is $1000 without any duty/tax. :)

Customs are more concerned with drugs and weapons here.
$1000! :eek:
€22 here before taxes come in. And from €150 import duties on top of that.

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm looking at buy some Dahua cameras & having hard time finding a local Australian supplier. How's the software support if I buy from overseas ie AE ? ie do they have same issue as hikvision with grey imports. Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at buy some Dahua cameras & having hard time finding a local Australian supplier. How's the software support if I buy from overseas ie AE ? ie do they have same issue as hikvision with grey imports. Thanks.
Hi xtropodx,

Drop Andy ( Empiretecandy ) a line and check the experience that others here have had ordering from him. He does a great job imho, and has been the most reliable Aliexpress ( and even ebay ) vendor I have worked with. Remember China is in their lunar new year holiday season.

Also note Andy provides members a discount as we're helping each other get the kits up and going, so you can search the forum here as your first option for support. ( definitely pick the more popular models here and you should be able to find more answers to any questions you may have )

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok thanks.... can someone explain why all of AE cameras are not Dahua branded? If they're dahua camears why aren't they branded as such?