BW Smart app no longer available -need alternative

Reaction score
hi everyone.
I have up cameras that have worked amazing on the BW Smart app. However when recently upgrading my iPhone I tried to download the app on my new phone and it is saying that the app is no longer available. I have tried 30 other apps on the App Store but everyone I try seems to now be a different formula and I can’t add my cameras without a username. I have tried everything. All I am looking for is an app that will allow me to simply add my cams manually with just an ID and password like on the BW Smart app. Currently can’t log into any of my cams so any help would be really appreciated. Many thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You had to scan a QR code to set them up, correct?
Then they are not standard IP cameras, they depend on the cloud...bad for many reasons.
I found this. DOWNLOAD—
Good luck.

Reaction score
You had to scan a QR code to set them up, correct?
Then they are not standard IP cameras, they depend on the cloud...bad for many reasons.
I found this. DOWNLOAD—
Good luck.
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me. I didn’t have to scan a QR code as these cams don’t have one. I simply had to enter the ID of the camera and the password and whether the cam
Was here with me or in another home it would instantly link up. It was amazing. Seemed pretty standard for years , but now on all the new apps it is asking for UID, username and password. Or as you said QR codes. The link you sent me when you press onto this it directs you to another app as oppossed to the BW smart one, which again is in no way comparable to these older cams. It’s looking like I will have to literally replace all these cams which annoys me as the app is still on my old phone and iPad and works fantastic , just can’t download it anymore or find an app the same. So annoying that these companies can be allowed to do this and I can’t seem to get hold of anyone who knows the companies or who has any solution. Surely I’m not the only person who bought these cams. They were on sale for years and were/are a fantastic solution to up cams for the home. Any further help would be very much appreciated and thank you once again for taking the time to send me that link. Very much appreciated
Regards
Paul

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me. I didn’t have to scan a QR code as these cams don’t have one. I simply had to enter the ID of the camera and the password and whether the cam
Was here with me or in another home it would instantly link up. It was amazing. Seemed pretty standard for years , but now on all the new apps it is asking for UID, username and password. Or as you said QR codes. The link you sent me when you press onto this it directs you to another app as oppossed to the BW smart one, which again is in no way comparable to these older cams. It’s looking like I will have to literally replace all these cams which annoys me as the app is still on my old phone and iPad and works fantastic , just can’t download it anymore or find an app the same. So annoying that these companies can be allowed to do this and I can’t seem to get hold of anyone who knows the companies or who has any solution. Surely I’m not the only person who bought these cams. They were on sale for years and were/are a fantastic solution to up cams for the home. Any further help would be very much appreciated and thank you once again for taking the time to send me that link. Very much appreciated
Regards
Paul
These were actually terrible junk camera that were not secure. When the company goes out of business or stops support you cameras are trash.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Regards
Paul
I suggest you study this: Cliff Notes

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
maybe create a backup of the old iphone in itunes and then restore it on the new phone? not sure if that will help or work