Calling Android users! Hik-Connect push notifications not showing when locked [SOLVED]

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@Bob NWI

just close it from background running and try (not only leave the app, close it completely!!) . you dont have to run any app in background. you will receive push notifications through google fcm ... it have nothing to do with it. only if the app is programmed bad, it will not work. and thats the problem we are talking here.

if the app crash in background you will not notice it. but you will not receive any notification until you open it again. thats unreliable.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I recall when I allow the app to sleep push notifications will not come through. Unfortunately I have to navigate Android and Samsung issues to suit my preferences. I'm working on another Hikconnect issue in another thread that may be network/Windows related?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@Bob NWI

i have no idea what you are talking about.

You have to set all settings like hik want it.. enable push notifications (on samsung also battery optimize and monitoring for hikconnect off) ... and then just CLOSE the app from background !!!

If you receive notifications with 4.16.0 report it here, if not downgrade to 4.14.1, try again and report

Last edited:

ultimz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Yes tested the latest build (4.16.0.0706) and it still doesn't work so I also downgraded to 4.14.1.0407 and that works fine.

Maybe we should all log this with Hikvision support so they take it seriously? I could put something together so we keep the complaint standard.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@ultimz

they already know..
have you ever contact them ? its a pain in the ass. they always send you standard messages "disable battery saving" and then never answer again .. maybe the US support is better...

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK I tested all 3 versions, V4.14.1.0407, V4.15.0.0609, V4.16.0.0706
using S21 with all background apps closed(easier to close all) no battery op or mon for Hik app. No push notification came through until I unlocked the phone screen. Same issue as previous Samsung phones I owned. Run “adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable” and notifications come through instantly.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think we are messing up 2 issues here...
There is indeed an issue with Samsung phones, but there is a new issue with the FCM itself, this is only happening with 4.15 and 4.16 ... I have a OnePlus, it always worked for me

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Stick with 4.14.1.0407 if it works for you. I've seen no significant upgrade/improvements with the Hikvision updates with or without Playstore support. I'm not expecting any considering the hardware is dated. Good luck!

Gazaman

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I tested all 3 versions, V4.14.1.0407, V4.15.0.0609, V4.16.0.0706
using S21 with all background apps closed(easier to close all) no battery op or mon for Hik app. No push notification came through until I unlocked the phone screen. Same issue as previous Samsung phones I owned. Run “adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable” and notifications come through instantly.
Hi, I've tried everything for the last 12 months and have just loaded the older version of hikconnect as advised but still no joy. I do get notifications but usually 5 mins or so late.
Is there a guide on how to run the adb you speak of as I'd like to try that as a last resort.
Thanks
Gaz

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i am in the same boat, sometimes hikconnect is insant, sometimes 5 mins off
frustrating
the notifications are coming now, with 4.17 , but sometimes just too late
the min issue, is mine opinion a server issue on hikvision side

gonna go back to the SIP road if it stays like this

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
i am in the same boat, sometimes hikconnect is insant, sometimes 5 mins off
frustrating
the notifications are coming now, with 4.17 , but sometimes just too late
the min issue, is mine opinion a server issue on hikvision side

gonna go back to the SIP road if it stays like this
sad

@NoFate
i will try on weekend..

i found a app list which seems to be working with video on 2n devices , mayve also hik.

problem will be send door open... maybe there is a workaround .. hik does not seem to accept number codes via sip , but we have to try

Last edited:

WieHebHet

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

It seems to be an Android issue instead of only a Hikvsion issue.

I have had a Samsung S9 as i said earlier in this thread, and since Android 9 this issue persists.
The ''disalbe doze'' workaround worked nice for a while but it became more useless over the years.

In the meantime i have had a Oneplus Nord, same shyt different day, and now a Xiaomi 11i (i thought Chinese shyt should work with Chine shyt :) )
The issue keeps the same, BUT, i have noticed that more and more apps are ''hanging'' with notifications.
Smartlocks, robotvaccuum, alarmsystem, etc All notifications come through late or after activating the phone.
No matter what kind of batterysettings i use or keep apps in the background it doesn't help. Only drains the battery.

Hik support is a monster, i have tried Asia as well as Europe and the keep refering to distributors. Distributors keep refering to sellers and seller says he doesn''t aknowledge any issues at all.....
Iphone works, i have tested that as well, so in short i put the blame on Google (Android), which i also asked for help but no such luck there as well.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, its not related to Android
al my other push notifications are always instant if i disable "battery optimalization" for it, its only hikconnect thats causing a delay
i'm running oneplus

i believe though, that there were issues with samsung only phones

WieHebHet

n3wb
Reaction score
No, its not related to Android
al my other push notifications are always instant if i disable "battery optimalization" for it, its only hikconnect thats causing a delay
i'm running oneplus

i believe though, that there were issues with samsung only phones
So the fact that my Oneplus Nord and Xiaomi Mi11i behave exactly the same it still is Samsung releated?
I am studying this crap for 4 years now, i think that i have gathered enough facts to know what i am dealing with. No offence

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no, the lag that you receive the doorbell button press 5 min later, is in my opinion HikConnect issue...

there is another issue, that there are no notifications at all, but thats only related to samsung devices

WieHebHet

n3wb
Reaction score
no, the lag that you receive the doorbell button press 5 min later, is in my opinion HikConnect issue...

there is another issue, that there are no notifications at all, but thats only related to samsung devices
Yes, doorbell related i can confirm, with latest versions of hikconnect.

Concerning notifications, i have never heard of people that don't get any notifications at all, then there must be something wrong with settings in the app.
They come through late, or when the phone is activated yes, but i can also state that this counts for more than just Hikconnect.

Gazaman

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a quick update.
I ran the "adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable" as mentioned before and I now get instant notifications. I had tried everything including installing old versions of the app but with no success.
So this to me confirms that it is an android/phone issue rather than the app.
I will monitor and see how it goes.
Running the above may become tiresome after every fresh boot up but if I'm happy it fixes the issue I may root the device so it runs it automatically.
Gaz

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep us posted indeed...

For me the notifications are sometimes instant , sometimes not... Unreliable...
So I'm not 100% sure it will be fixed

Gazaman

n3wb
Reaction score
Keep us posted indeed...

For me the notifications are sometimes instant , sometimes not... Unreliable...
So I'm not 100% sure it will be fixed
It was the same for me. Sometimes it was instant but 90% of the time I'd get them 4-5 mins later unless I unlocked my phone. I think it depends on what your phone is doing in the background at the time.
I've had the problem for over 12 months and have tried everything. I saw this fix some time ago but was reluctant to try it as I wasn't really sure how to do it and it seemed a bit of a inconvenience. It took literally a minute and a half and notifications now work perfectly. I wish I'd done it before.
It's early days though I guess and I'll see if continues to work as it is but so far, it's looking good