Camera and NVR at different locations

Mikeee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a hybrid Dahua dvr,nvr and a hikvision NVR in use at my house.
Here is my issue I have a remote location "office trailer at construction site" It has High speed internet.
My question is can I hook one or two IP cameras to the router at the site and configure the dvr or nvr to record them like they were on the same LAN? I know that there is a risk of the cable line being cut lose of internet etc but there is no real secure place to hide the NVR that a thief wouldn't just take the whole thing. Thanks

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a hybrid Dahua dvr,nvr and a hikvision NVR in use at my house.
Here is my issue I have a remote location "office trailer at construction site" It has High speed internet.
My question is can I hook one or two IP cameras to the router at the site and configure the dvr or nvr to record them like they were on the same LAN? I know that there is a risk of the cable line being cut lose of internet etc but there is no real secure place to hide the NVR that a thief wouldn't just take the whole thing. Thanks
Hi @Mikeee

Provided you have a reliable internet connection with enough bandwidth.. yes it is possible, you will want a site to site VPN setup.

If you need to record a lot of video, then perhaps a local on-premise NVR and send some backup / alert snap shots / video clips off site.