Camera/cameras not keeping expert settings-Yellow triangle under Camera tab in NVR...

phoenixone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: Camera/cameras not keeping expert settings-Yellow triangle under Camera tab in NV

Hi djangel,
Yes, the problem was solved. It turns out it was that one camera that was causing the problems. It seems it was a bad camera and at times, it would somehow stressed the NVR to the point of rebooting just that camera or all the cameras which would revert them back to Normal Mode. Milk RMA'ed the camera for me and the problem was solved. About a month later, another camera started to act up in the same manner. Milk RMA'ed that one too and since then, all is fine.
The only thing that is a bit annoying is if I ever had to reboot the NVR or we would lose power, all the cameras will go back to Normal Mode and I have to manually switch them back to Expert Mode. But at least it retains my settings under Expert Mode. I'm hoping for a firmware update that addresses this particular problem.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Camera/cameras not keeping expert settings-Yellow triangle under Camera tab in NV

Thanks for the info. That's the beauty of paying a bit more from a reputable US vendor that offers equipment warranty and support. Unfortunately I purchased my cameras from AliExpress as many others, so that option is off the table. As far as my cameras go, the restart after changing the settings seems to be holding up. Only caveat is that I haven't accessed my NVR and or cameras since then, so I'm not sure if the settings will revert once I do. Hopefully not. I'm positive others have similar problems and are not able to return their cameras, so maybe the restart trick will help fix the issue. I'll update the thread if I find any other working solution or if the restart trick doesn't hold up.

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

One note though is that the setting from the camera only impacts the camera it doesn't trigger nvr action so setting the camera expert mode is great for emails but if you want record trigger it doesn't seem to work

phoenixone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

One note though is that the setting from the camera only impacts the camera it doesn't trigger nvr action so setting the camera expert mode is great for emails but if you want record trigger it doesn't seem to work
Thanks okosub, but the problem I was experiencing was not a record trigger factor between the camera and the NVR. It's just that two cameras were going bad and somehow, the cameras and/or NVR would reboot and revert back to "Normal Mode". Now that particular problem has since been fixed, ALL the cameras revert back to "Normal Mode" if there was a power cycle or a temporary lost of power.....which I rarely have to manually reboot the NVR or would there be a temporary lost of power, So all in all, the cameras stay put. :)

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Thanks okosub, but the problem I was experiencing was not a record trigger factor between the camera and the NVR. It's just that two cameras were going bad and somehow, the cameras and/or NVR would reboot and revert back to "Normal Mode". Now that particular problem has since been fixed, ALL the cameras revert back to "Normal Mode" if there was a power cycle or a temporary lost of power.....which I rarely have to manually reboot the NVR or would there be a temporary lost of power, So all in all, the cameras stay put. :)
ah ok yes i spoke with their support and its a sync which may or may not happen even without a reboot but in your case sounds odd but makes sense. hopefully they will make a firmware to address but who knows. great cameras but i must say for what it cost for the NVR i'd expect significantly better.