Camera decisions for a laboratory environment

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think I have limits on suppliers or brands, that something I asked but they didn't think I'd have restrictions. We have restrictions due to agreements on a lot of other electrical gear but supposedly not these.

In saying that, I would imagine it needs to be am Australian distributor that is reasonably accessible for then to buy from (no ebay for instance).
I cam security in Queensland will sort you out

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The SD29204T-GN is a slightly better camera but it may not hold up to the dust as well.
I think the dome or wiper is required as they will be elevated and likely collext dust. I feel a wiper one might be better suited to water than fine dust however

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There
That camera does have a wide fov, I haven't used it but I can tell you there are other cameras with significantly better image sensors. There are some Australian distributors for dahua, or you could order direct from china from @EMPIRETECANDY at a significantly lower cost if the purchasing department would allow it.

Looks like the SD22404T-GN runs $362 aud from seadan.com.au and about $150 aud from china. I can't speak to any import tariffs.
There is also a 2mp version with a slightly bigger sensor 1/2.7 instead of 1/3... but my feeling is in decent lighting that more detail should be gained with the 4MP... think = please dont hesitate to correct me. I know MP isnt everything. I really have limited experience other than getting rid of the home sricam sp019 and getting some relatively cheap fixed dome 4mp hikvision which are much better and i trust who can access them more..

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think the dome or wiper is required as they will be elevated and likely collext dust. I feel a wiper one might be better suited to water than fine dust however
I don't see a wiper being very useful. More likely you'll have to use a duster on a stick/pvc pipe or an air compressor to clean it. I suppose you could even rig up something permanent to blow the dust off. Indoor ptz even with a dome may not be as resistant to dust entry as you'd like.

My feeling is that the darkfighter might have the best image, but it's a tough call. At wide angles all of these cams will have some fisheye distortion.

user @reflex posted in another thread about the SD22404T-GN-S2, they might be willing to share a sample image with you.
not sure if there are any images from the darkfighter, but look through: Search Results for Query: *2DE4A2* | IP Cam Talk

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I noticed this camera and got excited. 6MP and a big image sensor.... But then realised I think it isn't motorised pan and tilt, just a fixed dome even though it doesn't state "fixed" but does imply... Damn

IPC-HDBW8630E-Z - Dahua Technology